3 weeks out - positively giddy!!!!

maryivo

As a teacher, this is the most exciting time of year for me anyway :D but to add in a cruise the day after school lets out is like total euphoria!! I am positively giddy to be getting on the Jewel on June 19th! My husband and I first cruised pre-children in 2003. We started our family in 2004 so we took a break from cruising since then. Our kids are 4 and 6 and we now think they are ready to cruise with us! In 03' we sailed on the Dawn doing the same NY, FLA, BAH iternery we're doing this June. We chose it for all the variety of excursions offered. After we booked, NCL announced the partnership with Nick and my kids are just elated. My 4 yo daugher tells everyone that "Dora" is going on her cruise and she can't wait to eat lunch with her! It's so cute. But I digress....any mom's (or dad's) have advice for a "first time with kids cruiser." I have this fanatical obsession and fear of the railing safety. I know it's probably silly as I'm positive they are safe, but I still worry. Any thoughts on the kids club? I've learned a lot here, and I've seen mixed reviews regarding the kids club. How about...what not to forget when traveling w/kids?? Any tips / pointers would be welcomed. We're doing the Blue Lagoon excursion in Nassau, and possibly the CoCo Beach Day in Fla. Can't wait to sail!!! :D

Archived