bottled water

We are cruising on Oasis this summer and I have read that you can bring cases of bottled water on the ship. We are leaving from Ft. Lauderdale and I was wondering if there was a place close to the airport to buy water??

There are a lot of places to pick up a case of water before boarding. We went to BJ's others have mentioned Wahlgreens. Our two cases at BJs cost less than $12 which was a lot less than the case on board. Put a luggage tag on the case and they'll take it to your stateroom.

Google maps can help you find what is close to your hotel or a long the route to the cruise port if you're not staying in a hotel the night before.

Yep...we had the taxi stop at Walgreens. Took 2 cases on for about $11. I think the Evian cases on the ship were $81 (although the Evian was in bigger bottles). Room tagged them and they were delivered with the luggage.

We had 2 cases of water and just stuck the luggage tags directly to them when we pulled into the port and just handed them to the porter. No problems at all. We also had 2 12-packs of canned soda, but stuck those in an extra duffel bag and sent that bag with the porter as well... you shouldn't have any issues! Happy sailing! :cool:

I'm glad to be reading this as we're going next Saturday..I always thought you could not bring drinks onboard, but happy to see you can! :rolleyes:

We just purchased those rumrunners so that will help, but thought we'd have to purchase the mixers.....good news for us!;)

We're not trying to be cheap, but for 4 it's quite a bill to start with, so anywhere we can cut corners is great! :D Plus we always seem to need an extra bag at the end anyway!! lol :p

I recommend just tagging the cases. We used a duffle bag and it was taken to the "naughty room" where we had to go and open the bag to show them it was water and not alcohol. Not a big deal. The duffle bag was convienient for all the dirty clothes and gave us an extra bag to bring things home in. They tolerate water and soda and I have heard juice but no alcohol.

Archived