Temperature/comfort level on deck

MOHAVE

I may sit in the shade at a table, I may want to sun. I’m cruising the Mexican Riviera the first week in October. What is the environmental comfort level while the ship is under way on an average day?

It’s OK to tell us about the comfort level on your cruise destination at your time of sailing as well. Of all the things I invasion about my first cruise, I keep coming back to gourmet coffee at a table in the AM under the shade. Just sipping coffee, watching people or the ocean and smelling the salt air for hours on end.

I may sit in the shade at a table, I may want to sun. I’m cruising the Mexican Riviera the first week in October. What is the environmental comfort level while the ship is under way on an average day?

It’s OK to tell us about the comfort level on your cruise destination at your time of sailing as well. Of all the things I invasion about my first cruise, I keep coming back to gourmet coffee at a table in the AM under the shade. Just sipping coffee, watching people or the ocean and smelling the salt air for hours on end.

Have not cruised that time of year, but did spend a week in Puerto Vallarta in October. Low 90's during the day, mid 70's at night and high humidity. Rained most nights.

Could be anything from low 60's to high 90's.

You may be able to sit comfortably in shorts or you could be wearing a sweat shirt to keep warm.

We sailed over the 4th of July one year and had to buy sweat shirts once we were north of San Diego.

Yeah, thanks. I think that kind of weather report would be pretty predictable but being out in the ocean traveling at 20 knotts will hugely influence on-board weather and that's what I'm looking for.

Yeah, thanks. I think that kind of weather report would be pretty predictable but being out in the ocean traveling at 20 knotts will hugely influence on-board weather and that's what I'm looking for.

We just sailed the Splendor in April.. I found it a tad chilly the 1st and 2nd sea days on deck in the wind.. if you are midship deck 9 you should be fine as it is enclosed on the sides..

As for the gourmet coffee you wont get that from room service or the lido.. you need to hit the coffee shop and pay extra for that

Could be anything from low 60's to high 90's.

You may be able to sit comfortably in shorts or you could be wearing a sweat shirt to keep warm.

We sailed over the 4th of July one year and had to buy sweat shirts once we were north of San Diego.

Thank you much. I can also see me sitting on the Serinity deck at mid-night just listening to the wind.

We just sailed the Splendor in April.. I found it a tad chilly the 1st and 2nd sea days on deck in the wind.. if you are midship deck 9 you should be fine as it is enclosed on the sides..

As for the gourmet coffee you wont get that from room service or the lido.. you need to hit the coffee shop and pay extra for that

I understand about the coffee.

Here, April and October are much alike. A tad chilly would be just fine. 100 stitch fleece pants and a wind-breaker...good-to-go.

I remember my first trip to sunny southern California. Beach Boys singing about the sun, waves, pretty girls, people skating along the boardwalk,, oh the joy of warm tropical weather. Landed at Long Beach,,,,, :eek: WTH,,, where's my jacket? :eek: Headed inland a ways and holy crap it was HOT.

Took my furture DIL to Vegas in March. She was planning on hitting the hotel pools all weekend. We told her not to plan on it and she said, No, you don't know what you're talking about. Vegas is in the desert. We said OK :p what do we know, we're just old people. I'm sure you know what happened next.

Archived