Just returned from Azura on the Med.

NBJ

:) Had a great holiday for 16 nights on Azura. No complaints, even though you heard silly people complaining about really minor problems, such as the main complaint apparently was as quoted by two miserable people at breakfast " the Knives" !!!!!! Well if that was the main problem happy sailing to all who are going on Azura.:D

We were invited to view Azura and have a meal. We were impressed and felt that the ship was a rather large Aurora, the Fleet Favourite. I reported this to a friend who was due to cruise on Azura. She loves Aurora and loves large ships, so felt that she would love Azura. Received the following from her today.

We got back from Azura on Wednesday and I must say we absolutely loved the ship and had a great time. Sindhu and 17 are superb dining venues and there was lots of dancing onboard, which we enjoyed. I do a mean Salsa!

I have some more friends on her at this very moment and I feel that their report will be the same.

Azura is here to stay for those who lke large ships. Not my choice.

BUT, almost tempted to do an out of school holidays cruise on her ;-)

(Children? I love them but could never manage a whole one whether boiled or roasted ;-)

Its funny but I did read a review before going on Azura complaining about the knives and thought how trivial. However after 2 weeks of our knives continually falling off our plates and side plates I can appreciate it may become a niggle to some. They are not weighted properly so wont stay still on a plate....slippery little beggers.

Like you, we had a wonderful cruise on board Azura. Not much to find fault with other than a lot of miserable faces!! I thought people were meant to enjoy themselves on holiday! I'm not a particularly good sailor but didn't have one queasy moment on Azura - maybe it was because we were midship. Would definitely recommend Azura. It has everything you could wish for on a cruise.

we met quite a few who didn't like her,we thought it was brill.

what we got:-

its to big---you know that when you book.

don't like the self service---don't use it go to the PENNINSULAR to be waited on.

the pillow is to hard---change it

the bed is to hard--it was great

don't like the food---what do they eat at home

we enjoyed it,i was worried when i first booked bur if you don't try you'll never know.

Click on the link below for what I think is a well balanced report of Azura, from somebody who has recently returned from it.

http://www.cruises.co.uk/26-p_o_cruises/7314-review_azura_a004.html

Thank you for that link. :) It's a great comprehensive review and answers many questions I have about the Azura and P&O. Hoping to sail on Azura in September (if the price is right).

Only sailed on Princess and RCI fly cruises so far.

Thanks NBJ!!! I have just booked 15 nts on Azura after reading your report.

It's the Caribbean so hopefully we might have a few less moaners.

The Aurora cruise we were on last month was 75% moaners on board!

Caryl

Hi!

As first-time cruisers and a regular reader of Cruise Critic over the past couple of months I can confirm that the moaners were around on Azura this past fortnight but we had a BRILLIANT time. We came back today from a tour of the Baltic and loved the ship and the wonderful staff! I know we don't have anything to compare her with but we thought the whole thing was fab!

We wanted a relaxing holiday (hopped on at Southampton, no airports or Ash worries) with good food (many different options with themed events in the buffet and three speciality restaurants as well as the club/freedom dining rooms); weather (one rainy day only!);trips( beautiful ports especially Stockholm, Tallinn, SPB and Copenhagen); stateroom (inside one but big enough for us with nice new decor) and varied entertainment to suit most tastes. We made some new friends and avoided moaners which in the end became a bit of a game!!

We found the knives a bit trying too but I was not going to let them spoil our holiday!

She is a lovely ship with high levels of service. She was steady as she goes and I was not seasick at all and I had been a bit worried about that. I know we can't compare but I hope that if we do more cruises that we will be able to remember the impact the moaners made on us and resolve never to let our opinions spoil or colour others' experience of a cruise.

Have fun, Sarah

Hi!

As first-time cruisers and a regular reader of Cruise Critic over the past couple of months I can confirm that the moaners were around on Azura this past fortnight but we had a BRILLIANT time. We came back today from a tour of the Baltic and loved the ship and the wonderful staff! I know we don't have anything to compare her with but we thought the whole thing was fab!

We wanted a relaxing holiday (hopped on at Southampton, no airports or Ash worries) with good food (many different options with themed events in the buffet and three speciality restaurants as well as the club/freedom dining rooms); weather (one rainy day only!);trips( beautiful ports especially Stockholm, Tallinn, SPB and Copenhagen); stateroom (inside one but big enough for us with nice new decor) and varied entertainment to suit most tastes. We made some new friends and avoided moaners which in the end became a bit of a game!!

We found the knives a bit trying too but I was not going to let them spoil our holiday!

She is a lovely ship with high levels of service. She was steady as she goes and I was not seasick at all and I had been a bit worried about that. I know we can't compare but I hope that if we do more cruises that we will be able to remember the impact the moaners made on us and resolve never to let our opinions spoil or colour others' experience of a cruise.

Have fun, Sarah

It is a pleasure to read your review Sarah. Thank you and I'm glad you enjoyed your first cruise.

I have never heard people moaning on any of my other cruises, and am hoping to sail on P&0 next. What were they all moaning about?

Sounds great, having recently been on Ventura, Carnival Splendor and X Eclipse, Ventura was by far my favourite, the only thing I thought it needed was a big screen outside for MUTS. As Azura has this it might just be perfect. Were planning on trying Oasis of the seas next but I think a trip on Azura next year might be in order.

Chris

I'm going on Azura next March for a transaltanic crusie. I'm worried about the trip back from the carriben to southampton, but after reading all your reviews, Im sure i'll be fine!

This is only my second cruise, so here's hoping I have a fab time!

I'm going on Azura next March for a transaltanic crusie. I'm worried about the trip back from the carriben to southampton, but after reading all your reviews, Im sure i'll be fine!

This is only my second cruise, so here's hoping I have a fab time!

If you mean worried in case of a poor crossing I have to say we never felt any motion on our 16 Day Med Cruise on Azura in May. Certainly felt less motion than on IOTS.

I love meeting moaners on the ship, makes my day.............I am sure however I do not make theirs:D

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Archived