Hamilton Island Excursion

Luker

Hey fantastic blog and PICS... just loved them. Thank you for doing justice to that lovely part of the world! :) Really love your sense of humour and outlook! You write a great blog.

I finally feel that someone (ie you because of your fantastic blog!) will be at least one person (on this site) that will understand why cruising the carribean just doesn't interest me, it's hard to explain, (particularly when I think Hamilton is one of the uglier islands in the Whitsundays, LMAO) but I can't see the point of paying mega bucks to travel around the world to sit on another beach!!!!! Hopefully that will make sense to others when they read your blog and see the pics!!!

LOL at you bumping into some neighbours 1/2 across the world, that sort of stuff is freaky as hey?

I gotta add two comments; Hamilton Isle, isn't really near Brissy! AND Koalas can be extremely ferocious and teritorial. Night time they are scarey as to hear in the bush :)

So glad you enjoyed your stay - and your pics and commentary were really enjoyed! Oh and one other coment; your pic of the port worker, would be them at their busiest, NOT on a break LOL!! Ha Ha!!!

Thanks again for the great pics. Cheers :)

Hey fantastic blog and PICS... just loved them. Thank you for doing justice to that lovely part of the world! :) Really love your sense of humour and outlook! You write a great blog.

I finally feel that someone (ie you because of your fantastic blog!) will be at least one person (on this site) that will understand why cruising the carribean just doesn't interest me, it's hard to explain, (particularly when I think Hamilton is one of the uglier islands in the Whitsundays, LMAO) but I can't see the point of paying mega bucks to travel around the world to sit on another beach!!!!! Hopefully that will make sense to others when they read your blog and see the pics!!!

LOL at you bumping into some neighbours 1/2 across the world, that sort of stuff is freaky as hey?

I gotta add two comments; Hamilton Isle, isn't really near Brissy! AND Koalas can be extremely ferocious and teritorial. Night time they are scarey as to hear in the bush :)

So glad you enjoyed your stay - and your pics and commentary were really enjoyed! Oh and one other coment; your pic of the port worker, would be them at their busiest, NOT on a break LOL!! Ha Ha!!!

Thanks again for the great pics. Cheers :)

Hi there!

Thanks for the great note! :-)

I love to laugh at life and situations, otherwise, life is just boring. Traveling is often such an experience on our senses, just like tasting a new dish, so given that, I try to describe it as honestly as possible.

No, I normally wouldn't travel halfway around the world to sit on a beach, so luckily, these islands were part of a very long trip. Although I will certainly go back to Hamilton some day soon (but combined with Brisbane to see friends).

You're right about the Brisbane distance, I must have misunderstood them originally. I'll make the change in the blog. And as far as Koalas being capable of damage...you're certainly right about that, I just didn't add it in since most people would be okay with the ones in the zoos.

A lot of my comments are "Tongue in Cheek", so about the port worker, yes, he was quite busy that day...but it was such a fun picture to humor about.

:)

Again, thanks for your reply and reading the blog. I really enjoy the feedback. I'll be writing multiple posts on Sydney soon.

Take care,

Luther Bailey

Luther,

What time of year were you there? Was it rainy? We're considering a trip in February.

Sue

HI Sue! :)

Actually, it was the first part of last december. It has taken me a while to post up to this point...lot's of work (since I've had to catch up with other countries). LOL. There would be a bit more rain and cloudy days in February and March, so maybe not the right time for the beach. Sydney should have less rain fall during that time though. They average about 20 sunny days during that month. Hope that helps.

Luther

Sue, Feb is the tail end of the rainy season in the tropics :)

Yearh great outlook you definitely do have Luker, and lovely clear pics.

I remember the wharfies strike over here, and the joke was "how will anyone know they have started!!!" LOL!!! :D

(The entire country did know btw, it crippled the economy for a while :( I recall the army being discussed as a potential way of getting things unloaded etc etc etc.)

Archived