How does a US citizen book a P&O cruise?

Florida Lady

1 minute ago, roomba920 said:

I stand corrected, thank you. Although, I've never had to purchase travel insurance from the aforementioned RCI, Princess or NCL as a requirement.

Presumably because you purchased through the US offices of those companies.  You would have no need to know but all these companies have separate UK websites and offices within the UK. If I click into the US site of one of these it will direct me to a UK website as the computer recognises where I am based and assumes I need to purchase under UK terms.

As an example, when I am in the US visiting friends in Dallas we often plan a future trip but I am unable to book until I get home as I am immediately directed to the UK site of whatever cruise line. Also if I click into the P&O website anywhere in the world other than in the UK I can see cruises but with no pricing and a message to Call to Book.  This is because as a UK resident I need to book under UK law and terms. With the other lines mentioned their IT is better refined and so I am just redirected based on my URL extension being the UK.

As consumers we just want to buy what we are looking for and very few of us actually look to see where the website we are looking at is based.  Incidentally I can for those other lines book a cruise in the US under US law (I know a few who do) but apart from refundable deposits and a few freebies from travel agents there are little to no benefits in doing so because UK consumer law is so strong.  

• Like 4