Hotel Barcelona Universal

KeywestK

Has anyone stayed at Hotel Barcelona Universal? It received good reviews on Trip Advisor, but would appreciate any input from my cruise critic people. TIA! We will be in Barcelona 2 nights pre-cruise next year.

We stayed there three years ago and highly recommend it. The price was right, the service was great, as was the breakfast. The rooms were clean and very comfortable.

One of the best parts was that they are located right next to the metro station, just a few feet, which gets you all around town. There have been some posts which suggest that it is in a bad part of town -- we never saw that and we walked eveywhere. We had casual tapas in a place just down the street and it was great. Also a little outdoor bar around the corner which we also enjoyed. I would highly recommend them for costs, location, and service. Barbara

Barbara.....Thank you so much for you thorough and thoughtful response. We have already made our reservations, which we didn't want to know if we should cancel or not. I think it's a keeper. Thanks again!

Archived