Just booked Solstice for 7/25; things we might need to reserve in advance?

krewzin

Been many years since we've cruised, and after perusing the different boards decided on the Solstice (1st time Celebrity cruisers) Eastern Carribean itinerary (this is the latest I've ever booked a cruise; we normally book at least a year in advance). I noticed...I believe on the Royal Carribean boards....that there was discussion about 'pre-booking' restaurants and shows.

Is this something that was exclusive to RCCL due to the larger sized ships, or is this something now done industry wide?

Other than excursions, do I need to pre-book for show seating, and/or specialty restaurants?

We've booked a Sky Suite, with adjoining Concierge room on the Panorama deck aft....it's a corner suite/room location. Do I need to let Celebrity know ahead of time that we want the balcony seperator removed, or is this something easily taken care of once we board?

Any other suggestions for things I might need to reserve/ask for in advance of sailing?

Signed,

'Rusty' about cruising.:D

The ability and requirement to book shows is on RCI Oasis and Allure only. No other ship.

If you want to dine in the Speciality Restaurants on board then it is best if you prebook these to secure the date/time you wish

If you are doing CSD (select dining) then you have the ability to reserve your dining time and size every night of the cruise online - again you do not have to do this.

You need to ask your steward on board if he will open the dividers. Sometimes it is not allowed by the Captain and there is no way round this.

Been many years since we've cruised, and after perusing the different boards decided on the Solstice (1st time Celebrity cruisers) Eastern Carribean itinerary (this is the latest I've ever booked a cruise; we normally book at least a year in advance). I noticed...I believe on the Royal Carribean boards....that there was discussion about 'pre-booking' restaurants and shows.

Is this something that was exclusive to RCCL due to the larger sized ships, or is this something now done industry wide?

Other than excursions, do I need to pre-book for show seating, and/or specialty restaurants?

We've booked a Sky Suite, with adjoining Concierge room on the Panorama deck aft....it's a corner suite/room location. Do I need to let Celebrity know ahead of time that we want the balcony seperator removed, or is this something easily taken care of once we board?

Any other suggestions for things I might need to reserve/ask for in advance of sailing?

Signed,

'Rusty' about cruising.:D

We just got off the Equinox--sister ship to Solstice, and had no problem having the balcony divider opened by our room steward. We asked as soon as we arrived in the room, and it was taken care of quickly.

You can book the specialty restaurants ahead of time. We did. You can do it on the Celebrity website via My Celebrity. I'd suggest doing it asap. Alternatively, you can do it when you board, but may not get the times you'd prefer.

The only other things we reserved (wine tasting) were done once we were on board. Have a good time. Bet you'll love it!

Archived