Transportation to/from Gallery One?

We are staying at the Gallery One in September, 2 days before our cruise on the Solstice. Does anyone have information on the cost of cab fare from Fort Lauderdale airport to the Gallery One and from the hotel to the port? In your opinion, is a cab the best way to go? It is just my DH and I. Also, any suggestions on places to visit on the water taxi route....good sites, restaurants, entertainment spots ect??

About $25-30 from airport, about $20-25 to port would be my best guesstimate. You are staying next to a nice mall with good restaurants. If you take the water taxi, I would suggest getting off at the Las Olas stop where there is shopping, restaurants, and a few jazz clubs; it makes for a really nice walk in the day or evening.

Thanks for the advice. We are definitely looking forward to our stay in Fort Lauderdale almost as much as the cruise. I see that you have sailed on the Solstice. This is our first Celebrity cruise. Did you enjoy the Solstice. I am worried that there will not be enough to do on board!

Archived