Just off the Dream!

Erwende

Will post formal review later today. If anyone has any questions, we just returned from the Eastern route 2 days ago. Had a great trip!

We were in a Spa deck (12212) cabin. We utilized Camp Carnival (ages 2-5). We did the Aquaadventure Atlantis excursion. Ate in the MDR anytime dining. Used the spa, spin class.

Saw most of the shows. We ate at the steakhouse. We took the Behind the Fun tour as well. Would love to answer any questions.

I am so glad you're willing to answer questions because I didn't want to start a whole thread for my (currently) single question:

1. Do they have hairdryers on the Dream, and 1(a) if any of you brought hair straighteners, were you allowed to keep them with you or did they confiscate them? I have 2 stepdaughters with curly hair and they will seemingly *die* :eek: if they can't have one to straighten their hair.

Thanks in advance... can't wait to read your review. We sail her in 109 days!

There was a hair dryer with very low power in the top drawer of the desk. Again, very low power. I didn't even bother with it. I heard conflicting reports whether or not you could bring your own dryers/irons.

With the Spa cabin you do get access to the steam/sauna/heat room/whirlpools. I believe it was 125 dollars per person per week if you did not have a spa cabin. My husband loved it. I only went once. I enjoyed my massage/facial much more!!

Will post formal review later today. If anyone has any questions, we just returned from the Eastern route 2 days ago. Had a great trip!

We were in a Spa deck (12212) cabin. We utilized Camp Carnival (ages 2-5). We did the Aquaadventure Atlantis excursion. Ate in the MDR anytime dining. Used the spa, spin class.

Saw most of the shows. We ate at the steakhouse. We took the Behind the Fun tour as well. Would love to answer any questions.

We're going to book this cruise and are planning to do the Aquaadventure Atlantis excursion also. What did you think of it? Was there enough time to enjoy it? Did you go on the slide shown on TV? (if you've seen the commercials)

Our last cruise, (Hawaii/Vancouver), we did the supper club and thought it was fantastic! Was your steakhouse dinner great too?

Thanks for the info.

C&K

I had been wanting to go to Atlantis for years. Especially after seeing the commercials for the water park. So I knew going in that this excursion would be a "teaser" since it was only a few hours. We arrived there at 0900. The slides/river ride didn't open until 1000 on the dot. So conveniently we were able to explore and eat a snack in the hotel. We sped through the aquarium. It was nice, but I am not into aquariums!

At 1000 exactly my husband and I were sitting in our tubes waiting for the current to start. Unbelievable how much fun and fast the river tube ride is. It is a mile long with rapids, conveyor belts to the slides. The slides for the tubes were fast and crazy!! Can't say enough good things about the water park. And it was on the crystal blue Atlantic ocean.

We spent three hours at the water park, of course it wasn't enough time. But we knew that going in...Highly recommend the excursion. Pricey but worth it.

As far as the steakhouse. I had the filet, my husband had the porterhouse. Great food and a great time. Not to be missed.

Do you know of anyone who took in Atlantis Beach Day

Did the Atlantis Beach Day - Lots of pictures of everything in our journals (see link below) Choose the May 2009 back to back cruise on the Destiny. You could access everything and you had the freedom to go anywhere. Some in our group, donned bathing suits and joined the crowds going down water slides and in the pools. If you looked like you belonged, it worked. We went just to take pictures, but I took a break and sat on the side of the pool. Nothing/no one stopped me if I wanted to go in the pool. A number in our group figured this out and "blended in" and used quite a bit there. The place is so huge, it is hard to monitor every pool and water slide.

I will definitely be watching for your review - we are going to be booking the Dream again for May 2011 for the Eastern Carib - with our 2 kids and their spouses, and our 2 granddaughters, who will be 2 1/2 and 6 at that time - so will be anxious to hear what you did - how Camp Carnival was!

I've always wondered - not that we were thinking of doing this - but with all the excursions and such - do parents leave their kids in Camp Carnival to go ashore and do an excursion?

Looking forward to your review!

What night did you do the Steakhouse? I'm trying to decide what night to do that. Right now I am thinking day 5 after ST.Maarten. If the menus I've seen are correct that is the night that the MDR looks least appealing. I don't want to miss the jerk pork. Do you recall if that really is done on Day 3? Thanks.

Archived