Tour recc. for Orvieto?

GeorgiaPeach51

Does anyone have a tour company suggestion (not a ship tour) for seeing Orvieto and possibly Civita Bagnoregio, not sure if the spelling is correct, when docking in Civitavecchia?

We will have done as much as we care to do in Rome and would like to branch out next time.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

That is something I'd love to do on a future trip!

I'm sure you'll get many recs here both for guides and what to see and I'll be avidly reading. So, thanks for asking.

In the meantime, I've toured with Rome in Limo 4 times and the tour I'm drooling over is:

http://www.romeinlimo.com/orvieto.htm

Hope link works.

Anxious to hear who has visted these places and how they liked them.

Martha

Hi, FinelyRetired! I actually had found that tour but it seems to state that it must be an overnight docking....below is the quote from the Rome Limo website.

"The tour can be modified and adapted to every demand and can be done only if your ship will be in Civitavecchia over night (11 Hrs)."

I have sent them an email asking for clarification and will let you know their response. Our ship is there 12 hours, 7am to 7 pm, but perhaps that doesn't give them enough leeway. I'll let you know!

Received the message below from Rome in Limo. Seems that it can be done with adjustments to what is their normal tour of Orvieto and the other town.... Hope this helps you. GP

Thank you for your interest in our company, we'll be happy to accommodate you for next year.

This tour is advised to do when the ship is either stays longer or overnigth in Rome, but you can also do the tour. The driver would need to pick you up at 7:30 am from the port, is important to know that you have limited time but is of couse doable.

On the link bellow you can find more information regarding our standard tour,

http://www.romeinlimo.com/orvieto.htm

Received the message below from Rome in Limo. Seems that it can be done with adjustments to what is their normal tour of Orvieto and the other town.... Hope this helps you. GP

Thank you for your interest in our company, we'll be happy to accommodate you for next year.

This tour is advised to do when the ship is either stays longer or overnigth in Rome, but you can also do the tour. The driver would need to pick you up at 7:30 am from the port, is important to know that you have limited time but is of couse doable.

On the link bellow you can find more information regarding our standard tour,

Thanks. You're a Peach!

Hopefully someone will chime in here re: their visit from a ship to both. Did they feel rushed? It could be that concentrating on one over the other might be more manageable, comfortable. But which to choose?

Would love some advice from someone who has done this.

Martha

Hi, Finely!

Here's the email I received in reply to my second email to Rome in Limo. It appears that it is "do-able"....so perhaps this is what you need! I think we will book it, just have to do some more computing....

You will manage to see both Orvieto and Civita Bagnoregio, the day trip is around 9-10 hours.

Here are the rates:

Mercedes A/C Sedan up to 4 people - Euro: 600

- Mercedes A/C Minivan up to 6 people - Euro: 650

- Mercedes A/C Minibus up to 8 people - Euro: 700

Kind regards

Jany

Archived