Paradise Beach

cmp137

My family and I are planning to go on a shore excursion through ******************. They take us on a boat to snorkel at two reefs and then drop us off at Paradise Beach. The snorkeling is from 9:30-11:30 and our ship (Carnival Ecstasy) is in port until 4:00. Will that be enough time to enjoy Paradise Beach or will we feel rushed? Also, what time should we leave the beach to catch a cab so we get back to the ship on time? TIA

My family and I are planning to go on a shore excursion through ******************. They take us on a boat to snorkel at two reefs and then drop us off at Paradise Beach. The snorkeling is from 9:30-11:30 and our ship (Carnival Ecstasy) is in port until 4:00. Will that be enough time to enjoy Paradise Beach or will we feel rushed? Also, what time should we leave the beach to catch a cab so we get back to the ship on time? TIA

That should give you two or three hours at PB. Enough time to drink a few cold ones and get sunburned beyond recognition.;) If your ship leaves at 4:00 you should probably head back around 3:00. It is about a 10 to 15 minute cab ride unless you are docked at Punta Langosta.

I personally would not stop at Paradise Beach. We were there two weeks ago and it was disgusting! The water was brown and gross. The beach is rocky and you need water shoes. The bugs were terrible.

Hindsight: We would choose a different option!

I also would not recommend for kids. Water not great and water toys get taken over by adults- we felt it wasn't safe and our kids (who are quite adventurous- we have these toys at our lake cottage and they have grown up on the water) did not feel safe. Also very crowded beach

We went last November & DD(8) had no need for a life vest amongst the water toys. She is a pretty good swimmer, though.

There were a line of taxis waiting to take people back to the port, and the ride was about 15 mins but could have been a few minutes shorter or longer, depending on how many slow moving vehicles you come across while in the taxi.

Was beautiful & would take the kids again without question.

OP cmp137, could you list or hint as to which shore excursion or company/website this is available from? CC has censored out your first post of te actual websbite.

Is it 'designed' to 'drop you off' at Paradise, or are you just choosing to get off and not sail back with them?

Archived