Sky suites 6145 + 6146?????

sports10

Lots been posted about this, but can understand how arduous it is to find old threads. :) This is a summary of what I've read/seen on M class ships.

You've booked the biggest Sky Suites, with the biggest balconies (pluses) They are the furthest aft (plus or minus, depending on whether it's a smooth cruise) The decor is more "grand," intended to match the adjoining penthouses (plus, if it's to your taste) and the bathroom is nicer (plus!) You do have a connecting door to the penthouse, which lets in a little noise (minus) if they 're having a big party, but our friends who've been in the penthouse say they always invite the Sky Suites next door to join them, at least for in-suite dining one night (potentially big plus if they're fun!) Other good sky suites (is there a bad one?) might be 6131/6132- slightly bigger room, much bigger balcony than normal, with clearer views forward. 6116/counterpart (or any of the Sky Suites amidships) for stability in rough seas. Some complain, and I've heard the noise myself on other ships, that anything on deck nine has all the noise associated with the activity directly above on deck ten, i.e. lounge chairs by the pool being moved directly overhead early in the morning. Enjoy.

Andrew

We have had one of those suites and agree with the plusses and minues above. the bathroom was my favorite "plus". It was literally 50 percent bigger than my bathroom at home, with a separate tub and shower, 2 sinks and lots of floor space.

The patio door is not a sliding glass door. It is a regular opening door with a handle. That lets in a little less light than the sliding doors. Some people find these suites to be a little dark, but we did not. Enjoy!

Linda

We had 6146 and I would book it again in a second.

Pros:

Decor matching the adjacent penthouse suite. Lots of solid cherry and marble and original artwork on the walls. Cabin is about 30% bigger than other SS. The balcony is about 3X bigger than in other SS and has padded teak lounges like in the royal suites. The bathroom is about 2X bigger than other SS, all marble with a separate shower and tub. The shower is big enough for 3 people. There are electric drapes and shades on the balcony door. You will get the same butler as the Penthouse suite, and maybe better service.

Cons:

On Millennium only, the balcony is not covered, it is completely exposed to above, absolutely no privacy. But the other M-class ships the balcony is completely covered and very private. There is an adjoining door to the Penthouse suite, and you might hear noise through the door from time to time. Especially the piano. The closet is small, but there are many other storage areas available. There is a swinging glass door to the balcony instead of the larger sliding patio style doors. However I didn't consider the swinging door a problem at all. When the shades were open it let in adequate light. When the shades were closed, the room was very dark, nice if you want to sleep late.

We are leaving on the Millie on 2/20, and already have our docs. We have a sky suite booked, 6101. I see that 6131 is still open, and my TA says she could switch us, but we wouldn't get new tags. I was in a SS on the Galaxy a number of years ago, but our past 3 or 4 cruises have been in rooms like the Royal Suite. We are downgrading because the SS is less than half the price, and I convinced my husband that we would be fine in the SS. Do you think its worth making the switch? On the floor plan, the balcony looks twice the size, and the room a little larger too.

SS6146.jpgWe were in Sky Suite 6146 in November and loved it. I agree with the other posters about size, decor, huge bathroom, great butler. We did hear noise from the Penthouse suite but it was usually only in the evening so it wasn't a problem. I'll try to post some pictures of the cabin.

Happy cruising!:)

SkySuite6146.jpg

SS6146Entry.jpgSS6146Shower.jpg

Which ship are you guys talking about,, I am sailing with my dh for our very first honeymoon, on our 10 year wedding anniv. and I would like to surprise him with a room upgrade.

We are sailing the connie in March to southern carib,,,

we have booked cabin 6090 on the penthouse deck,

any suggestions on an upgrade?

Leslie

We had 6146 and I would book it again in a second.

Pros:

Decor matching the adjacent penthouse suite. Lots of solid cherry and marble and original artwork on the walls. Cabin is about 30% bigger than other SS. The balcony is about 3X bigger than in other SS and has padded teak lounges like in the royal suites. The bathroom is about 2X bigger than other SS, all marble with a separate shower and tub. The shower is big enough for 3 people. There are electric drapes and shades on the balcony door. You will get the same butler as the Penthouse suite, and maybe better service.

Cons:

On Millennium only, the balcony is not covered, it is completely exposed to above, absolutely no privacy. But the other M-class ships the balcony is completely covered and very private. There is an adjoining door to the Penthouse suite, and you might hear noise through the door from time to time. Especially the piano. The closet is small, but there are many other storage areas available. There is a swinging glass door to the balcony instead of the larger sliding patio style doors. However I didn't consider the swinging door a problem at all. When the shades were open it let in adequate light. When the shades were closed, the room was very dark, nice if you want to sleep late.

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

We've also been in 6146 on Millie, and our TA has booked us in there, after some search on these Boards I've found out that they are special!

If you have them booked, you will love them! For an Sky Suite, they are really outstanding! The Bathroom is incredible, you will enjoy it! :D

Cheers,Phil

6145 should be the same according to Deckplan.

Lucky me. We are booked in 6146 on the Infinity for May 28th, going to Alaska out of San Francisco and on the Summit out of Los Angeles (San Pedro) to Hawaii on Jan 2,2006. Marvin

cruiseyguy: we were on the Infinity, the cabin should be the same on the Summit

HRHAndrew: I sent you my pictures of the cabin, I hope you get them!

HR Andrew could you please send them to me also...debutauntetoni@Yahoo.com

• 2 months later...

We are absolutely devestated...we found out yesterday that when our travel agent inquired about just the availability of a FV Stateroom, Celebrity didn't honor our 7 day hold on Suite #6145 and promptly gave the suite to someone else, who now has it on hold. So now, we can't even get a proper stateroom for our 3 week trip which was to honor my husband's 75th birthday! We'll never use their line again after this. Celebrity doesn't honor their holding commitments. All our agent did was INQUIRE, she didn't tell them to give up our hold on this stateroom! :mad:

Angrily,

B.J.

Unless you were listening in on your TA's conversation with Celebrity I would not assume Celebrity is at fault here. I once had a TA relinquish my hold on a specific cabin and place a hold on a different one that he thought I would like better. But I didn't and my TA then tried to blame the cruiseline (not Celebrity) for the mistake.

I am certain that Celebrity will do whatever it can for you.

If I might offer the suggestion that in future, you hold a certain room with a credit card so that you are guaranteed that one while you research whatever rooms might be better suited to you.

Cruiselines are in the business of selling cabins and if you are determined to take a specific ship on a specific itinerary you will not lose out by guaranteeing your cabin.

Good luck to you in finding the perfect cabin and cruiseline.

Kitycaty,

I'm sorry things didn't work out with your suite. Did you speak to your travel agent or Celebrity? The reason that I ask is that I've never heard of a cruiseline "holding" a room for 7 days. Maybe for 24 hours while your payment is in process, but not 7 days. It wouldn't be in their best interest to tie up a room for that long because there are many others that would be ready to pay for it. Maybe there was a miscommunication with your travel agent? Anyway, there are many other great rooms on the ship.

See if another travel agent can get that room. Try one of the online travel agents. I have had good luck with them.

Thanx, Lou and everyone else who's been contributing...it's good to know you're all out there for "moral support!"

I believe I gave a credit card number to our agent, but I'm not certain she had time to use it to secure the suite.

Sincerely,

B.J.

I checked with our travel agent after reading you post, Lou, and she says that it IS Celebrity's policy to put cabins on hold for 7 full days, so boy...were we screwed over by Celebrity! We won't forget this, and will simply cruise Crystal or Silversea in the future! We're very angry about it!

Sincerely,

B.J.

Just a question: was your 7 day hold finished or did you still have some time left on it? If the 7 days hadn't passed, you have a right to call Celebrity and tell them you want the room assignment back. My TA said Celebrity only holds a maximum of 72 hours without a deposit, and his agency is a top Celebrity seller. So maybe your TA needed to actually put a deposit down on the room and that didn't happen.

Celebrity does not do a seven day "hold" without a deposit; in fact, I know of no cruiseline that will hold a room for that long without a deposit. That room sits unsold for a week. Multiply that by the number of rooms on a ship times the number of ships and you have an untenable situation. I'm surprise they will hold any room more than 24 hours without a deposit. Airlines will not hold a seat for more than 24 hours without a PURCHASE. Something doesn't make sense about this tale.

Archived