Question on flamenco dance

Does anyone know where we can see flamenco dance in Barcelona? We will be there several days prior to our cruise and one of my friends wants to see this. Thanks for any help. JJ

I just returned from our cruise yesterday. We spent a couple of days post-cruise in Barcelona. We attended a flamanco show called Tablao de Carmen. It was 45 Euros pp and it included the show, unlimited wine, sangria, mineral water and maybe beer as well as tapas. You can also opt for a dinner, which I think is 72 euros pp. The show was fantastic!! It is a fairly well know show, so ask your hotel for details on booking.

the show mentioned in the above post is located within the Poble Espanyol de Montjuïc. If you were planning on seeing the village, this is probably as good a show as any. There are several more within the central city. Please keep in mind that Flamenco is not native to Barcelona. Seeing Flamenco is there is roughly equivalent seeing Yiddish Theater in Biloxi, Delta Blues in Hawaii or Highland folk dancing at Canterbury.

Agree with the above poster that Barcelona is probably not the best place to see Flamenco, as it's native it the Andalucía region; however not being terribly far away from Andalucía (and likely some if not most of the dancers were from that area), it's probably better than I could see at home!

We did the dinner/show special at Palacio del Flamenco http://www.palaciodelflamenco.com/. The "images" page accurately shows the dining area/stage.

For 45€ pp, we got the show, sangria, paella, salad & dessert (and actually, there was a coupon in the booklet we got when we purchased our HOHO bus tickets, so I think it was even cheaper than that). They also have a show + glass of sangria/soft drink for 32€ in addition to other meal combos. If you go to the booking process online (don't have to finalize the booking), you will be able to see the cost of the various options. You might find the info elsewhere on the site -- I didn't look that closely at the site, but did find the pricing on the booking section.

It's highly formulized food/service; you kind of feel like you're at the receiving end of an assembly line. That said, the food was pretty good, portions were ample and the show was excellent.

I thought it was a spectacular deal and a really enjoyable evening. I was with a party of 6, and everyone enjoyed themselves and thought it was a good value!

I really appreciate the information and I wondered if this was a good place or not. We are using the HOHO buses and I will give this information to my friend so she can make her decision. Again thanks, I love these boards and the people on them!!!!!:D:D:D

Archived