prepay excursion

Eva65

I don't think they have to, but will if they find someone else to purchase your excursion.

That happened to us...we changed our minds. Got our money back because they were able to sell it to someone else.

Yes you just go to my orders click on the one you wanna cancel and check the boxes in front of names and they will refund your card.
I figured OP meant at the last minute. Before sailing, I would assume they're refundable.

I figured OP meant at the last minute. Before sailing, I would assume they're refundable.

I am sorry, yes I meant last minute. this is our first cruise worried about getting sea sick and between being sick and heat it would not be good.

If we want to do the excursions with the ship should we just wait till we board?

Looking for cozumel and cayman Islands.

I've done it both ways - booked in advance and once on board; also have done independent excursions. The risk of waiting til you're on board is if the excursion sells out. But this isn't too likely if the port stop is a couple of days into your sailing - that would give you time to see if you get seasick.

I am sorry, yes I meant last minute. this is our first cruise worried about getting sea sick and between being sick and heat it would not be good.

If we want to do the excursions with the ship should we just wait till we board?

Looking for cozumel and cayman Islands.

Here is the policy

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Shore_Excursions_FAQs/shore_ex_faq_CancelOrder.aspx

You may cancel all or part of a shore excursion order online at any time prior to the cut-off date. Simply click “Edit/Modify My Shore Excursion Orders” at the bottom of the itinerary box on the My Reservation page. You will be automatically issued a full refund to the credit card that was used to pay for the shore -excursion order. Please allow 7-10 business days for the credit to post to your account. No changes can made within the cut-off window. If you need to make changes after the cut-off date, you must wait until sailing and see the Shore Excursion Manager onboard. In the event of a cruise booking cancellation within the cut-off window, a full refund will be automatically posted to the credit card used to pay for the order.

If the designated contact person on a shore excursion order cancels their cruise booking and the remaining guests who are sailing would like to retain the shore excursion order, a new contact person needs to be assigned. If a designated contact person cancels and does not reassign the responsibility, the associated shore excursion orders will be automatically canceled and payment will be refunded.

Once you are onboard the ship, your cancellations are subject to a 25% cancellation charge. However, all shore excursion orders are non-refundable within 24 hours of arrival in port. A refund, less any applicable cancellation charges, will be applied to the designated contact person’s sail and sign account. Carnival will only offer shipboard credit for shore excursion order refunds. Please note; any credit not utilized by the end of your cruise will be refunded via check to the order’s designated contact person on the morning of debarkation.

Follow OhioJeffs directions.

My personal experience.

Ship sails on Saturday and you have an excursion on Monday? You can cancel and receive a refund on Saturday. If you wait until Monday morning, NO, the cancellation policy is within 24hrs.

However, My wife woke up sick one morning. I took my excursion tickets down to the excursion counter. Explained my wifes illness, explained that I clearly understood the cancellation policy, and offered my excursion tickets to any crewmember who might have the day off. Front desk person smiled, thanked me, gave me a refund on both excursion tickets. Clearly they didn't have to do this and exceptional service was noted in my comment card. Not the details, just the personalized exceptional service.

The Cruise lines are very good about giving your money back because they want your business. For a first timer I would say get the excursion from the boat. If you have taken a few tips like I have then you know your way around and how to work a deal on shore. But alway remember to get back to the boat in time. LOL

When you go to the Cayman Islands, just get off the boat and there will be taxi's there ready to take you where you want to go. A nice place to go is the Rum Shop and the Turtle Farm. And next to the Turtle Farm is where the Dolphins can be seen.

There is so much more to do in Cozumel and I'm sure you will see that when you look at what they have to offer. I have been there a few times. Most recently Jan. 2010. Hope you have good weather and a very nice all around trip!!!

Archived