What did you tip in the supper club?

tornwordo

We tipped $25 on a $56 bill ( we brought a bottle of champagne that we'd won on board and thus, no corkage fee, but we did share a large Pellegrino)

Was that cheap? Or too generous? I'm curious about what other people do, and then adjust my behaviour for our next cruise on October 9th on the Victory

Thanks!

We tipped $25 on a $56 bill ( we brought a bottle of champagne that we'd won on board and thus, no corkage fee, but we did share a large Pellegrino)

Was that cheap? Or too generous? I'm curious about what other people do, and then adjust my behaviour for our next cruise on October 9th on the Victory

Thanks!

Since tips at the Supper Club are included in the bill, I would say you were generous, but not overly so.

I don't think the tip was included, this was on the Pride. We tipped that much because the service was so good and if we had gone out to a dinner of such caliber on land, the waiter would make more, since you'd be tipping on retail. In any case, thanks for the input! I hadn't read about this, so I was curious if there was some kind of established consensus.

Cheers!

I don't think the tip was included, this was on the Pride. We tipped that much because the service was so good and if we had gone out to a dinner of such caliber on land, the waiter would make more, since you'd be tipping on retail. In any case, thanks for the input! I hadn't read about this, so I was curious if there was some kind of established consensus.

Cheers!

Yes, tips are included. I agree on land it would be a $100+ meal.

Here is the Info from the Carnival site.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Nouveau_Supper_Club.aspx

The Supper Club is an intimate restaurant that accepts reservations for when the guest chooses to dine for dinner between the hours of 6:00pm-9:30pm. Reservations are made by telephone from the guest's stateroom. This is an alternative to eating in the Dining Room or the Lido Restaurant. The Supper Club features prime steaks.

The reservation fee is $25 per guest, per entree. This fee includes the wait staffs' gratuity; additional gratuities are optional and may be extended in cash or to the guest's Sail & Sign Account, at the guest's discretion. The reservation fee does not include any beverage that is normally ordered through the bar service such as wine, liquor, soda and bottled water. There is nightly entertainment during dinner such as a cabaret singer or duet along with a large dance floor. There is also a cooking display area where guests can watch the chefs prepare their culinary masterpieces.

I don't think the tip was included, this was on the Pride.

Appears that no one knows for sure if the tip IS included! :confused:

I would like to know for sure, as we'll be doing Nick & Nora's this April, and even tho' I usually 'over-tip', I don't want to be too extravagant.. :) Anyone know for sure?

Read Liberty's post above, which is the statement right from Carnival's website... stating that tips ARE included, but you are free to tip more at your discretion... look no further :D

That is the second time tonight that my question has been answered before I had a chance to 'post' it, or reply.. :eek: I must be getting old and really slow at this typing thing..

Time for some 'voice recognition' software.. :)

ps: Thanx.. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

Im sure you made their night! and vice versa

Archived