Not many kids on x010 Oriana 30th June

loopyloo33

P&O have told me there are only 5 kids booked on our cruise. Has anyone been on a cruise with so few kids? Is there a chance they might cancel things like noddy's tea?

Hi

Our last cruise (also Oriana but that's just a coincidence) only had 9 children onboard, including our 10 year old, and Noddy was still out and about around the ship.

Nothing from the kids schedule was cancelled as far as I remember and in fact it was great because they were able to be much more flexible in respect of what they could get up to.

Don't worry I'm sure your little one(s) will still have a great time as ours did - the youth crew are fab!

Debbie:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, Only 5 children?

Well there's one more child coming now :D

I have just booked us to go on the 'Round Britain' cruise as a much needed break from work and to celebrate adopting our little boy :)

He's 22 months old so officially too little for the kids club but we'll probably be there with him in the soft play etc.

Hope there's a pool the teenies are allowed in too?

I've not had much time to research this trip at all so any tips anyone has on taking toddlers on a P&O ship would be much appreciated!

Can't wait!

GP xx

Fantastic! Our daughter was 18 months when we first went on p&o ventura so too young 4 the kids club but we still had a fantastic time. The Night nursery is the best! From the pics i have seen of oriana there is a little splashy pool so i am going 2 buy an all in one swimsuit as it will prob be chilly!

Just seen this cruise advertised for £599 pp for a inside cabin today, blimey what a bargain, £55pp pn, I was looking at this cruise when it was released as have never been to Scotland, and it was as dear as a Med cruise then, wish I could get time off work:(

Oriana - 30th Jun 2010 - 11 nights

Southampton, Edinburgh, Invergordon, Kirkwall, Belfast, Greenock, Dublin, Cork, St Peters Port, Southampton

Prices from -
£599pp

Thank you for your kind wishes Caryl :) and I will ring Holiday Inn direct thanks.

Look forward to seeing you there LoopyLoo - I expect we'll be instantly recognisable with our little one! :D Do they do the children's tea with only a couple of little uns do you think hope so as it's a nice time for him to eat although he won't know who Noddy is lol

Any more tips you have please let me know :)

LibraLass thanks for the info on drinks prices and yes it is a bargain isn't it! If you're flexible about dates and cabins/resorts then there's always some bargain to be had if you wait til the last min. Can't beat these cruises with any other type of holiday value for money wise - just the food alone even without all the lovely places to visit along the way is worth it and where else can you get service where they'll look after babies included!

When I first started looking at P&O cruises (pre ash cloud and the prices raising) the 14 night Ventura Med ones were starting at 699! But we couldn't get the time off work then :(

Now they are well over £1000 pp and there's no more availability left for families with children on the 2 week Ventura Summer 10 ones now anyway no matter how much you're prepared to pay.

I am looking forward to this one even though it didn't initially catch my eye as it's 'only' Britain but you know we've actually never been to Ireland or Guernsey or indeed the Orkneys and some of the excursions do sound really interesting. Giant's Causeway, kissing the Blarney stone and all that Guinness!

While we appear to usually travel to more 'exotic' places we do so as it is cheaper really than to stay in hotels in UK! I said to my partner today it would probably cost more to book a long weekend in Dublin with flights etc than this...

Wendy (grannypops)

Yes that was the issue we found with med cruises as well no availability for families.

I really hope they don't cancel things (hence my original question) noddy's tea is absolutely perfect for the little ones. Hopefully they just scale it down.

Maybe you need to give a crash course in Noddy (this is what we have done) it is on Channel Five in the mornings or http://demand.five.tv/searchresults.aspx?search=noddy

It's got our little one in the mood!!!

Archived