I will never, EVER cruise again to....

Tapi

Which port on Carnival's itineraries would you never, EVER want to visit again?  

762 members have voted

1. 1. Which port on Carnival's itineraries would you never, EVER want to visit again?

• Cozumel, Mexico
    • Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
    • Nassau, Bahamas
    • Ocho Rios, Jamaica
    • St. Maarten, NA
    • St. Thomas, USVI
    • San Juan, Puerto Rico
    • OTHER

As I sit here daydreaming about a future Caribbean cruise, I can't help to get a bit discouraged about many of these itineraries because they include certain ports which I don't ever want to visit again, whether it's because I've visited them one too many times, or one time was more than enough.

Don't get me wrong! I'll take a Caribbean cruise any day over sitting at work, but sometimes I wish that Carnival would mix things up a bit and maybe come up with some itineraries that didn't include the same ports over and over.

So what Caribbean port makes you cringe when you see it as part of an itinerary? What makes you dislike it?

I know that there are many more to choose from, but these ports seem to the biggest "repeat offenders"!

Thanks for your input!

As I sit here daydreaming about a future Caribbean cruise, I can't help to get a bit discouraged about many of these itineraries because they include certain ports which I don't ever want to visit again, whether it's because I've visited them one too many times, or one time was more than enough.

Don't get me wrong! I'll take a Caribbean cruise any day over sitting at work, but sometimes I wish that Carnival would mix things up a bit and maybe come up with some itineraries that didn't include the same ports over and over.

So what Caribbean port makes you cringe when you see it as part of an itinerary? What makes you dislike it?

I know that there are many more to choose from, but these ports seem to the biggest "repeat offenders"!

Thanks for your input!

I agree I love the Carribean but there are so many beautiful places to see that is why we have done land vacations as well as other cruise lines....Jamaica I have to say after 2 land vacations and 2 cruise stops enough for me..

I won't miss not going to Colon, Panama... very dodgy place unless you wanna see the Panama Canal (I have a canal at the end of my street and I know how to open & close the locks myself so no thanks).

I voted for Nassau even though we're going to be there in less than two weeks. My first time there was last June and after that one trip I'd seen enough; of our group of 19 going this year, over half most likely aren't even going to leave the ship that day.

Here's a little quote from my review of the Splendor:

"For those of you who don’t speak Spanish, directly translated from the most ancient dialect, “Ensenada” means “stay on the ship.” There’s a similar word among the Caribbean languages, “Jamaica.”

I voted for Nassau even though we're going to be there in less than two weeks. My first time there was last June and after that one trip I'd seen enough; of our group of 19 going this year, over half most likely aren't even going to leave the ship that day.

Just curious. What did you do there? Where did you go?

I voted other. While we'd cruise to these locations again, we won't bother getting off the ship-Belize and Domnican Republic. Although right now, they both look better than Jamaica and Mexico lol. I have no interest in returning to the Mexican Riviera either-been there, done that.

My vote would be any US port stop if I can drive there I don't want to cruise there.

I wish it was possible for Carnival to do deep south like to Barbados out of Miami and spend 2 days there and maybe hit a quick island on the way back,.

Progresso, wish i would have stayed on the ship.

I am not saying your wrong because its your opinion but we had a great time in Progresso.....very safe to walk around and decent beach (Corona Beach) We went to the ruins but only complaint i had was it was the hottest place i have been on earth.

I could care less where we go since I hardly get off the ship anymore. I would just like to be at sea for 5-7 days and cruise by the islands and look from the ship, cost me less and I party more. Just my opinion.

I voted for Nassau but in truth I would/will go back. We just stay on the ship and enjoy the quiet while everyone else is there. The comedian on our last cruise put it best...after asking who had visited Nassau that day he said, "nothing like taking a cruise ship to a garage sale."

Freeport Bahamas had to be the most ugh port I've ever been in so far. Nothing there. Although if you take a cab elsewhere I guess there are decent beaches. . .we had a relatively short time there so I didn't want to get too far away. That was a few years ago so hopefully they've changed a bit!:rolleyes:

I voted for Nassau but in truth I would/will go back. We just stay on the ship and enjoy the quiet while everyone else is there. The comedian on our last cruise put it best...after asking who had visited Nassau that day he said, "nothing like taking a cruise ship to a garage sale."

I agree. Maybe if we had gone to Atlantis, but the minute you step out of the ship area you practically get jumped by all the merchants! We ended up going back on to the ship-it was kind of unnerving!:eek:

Archived