beach walk

beebee

How difficult is it to walk from Warwick Long Bay Beach to Horseshoe beach? I understand that there is a path that runs along the beaches but I wasn't sure how easy or difficult a path it might be. About how long would it take?

Thanks for the information.

The trails can be seen in the satellite pictures at this link: http://www.geonames.org/maps/google_32.294_-64.784.html

The link is to a map of Bermuda. On my monitor, this works: Start by dragging the map so S Rd at the bottom of the map is now centered; start clicking "+" sign being sure to keep S Rd centered; after a few clicks of the "+" sign, Horseshoe Bay should appear on the map; now keep HSB centered, click some more; when the slider is at the 2nd mark from the top, the trails will be very apparent; by dragging the map from upper right to lower left, you will be moving northeast along the coast and can follow the trails to Warwick Long bay.

For time, are you going to go in the water at each beach, take pictures etc.?

SBtS

I'm not very proficient with a computer so I am not so sure that I will be able to see the trail map as easily as you do.

We were planning on checking out the beaches after spending the morning in Hamilton and having lunch there. We probably might do some swimming and definitely some picture taking.

Do you think that is too much for just the afternoon? We will be docked overnight for two days so we won't have to rush back to our ship.

How difficult is it to walk from Warwick Long Bay Beach to Horseshoe beach? I understand that there is a path that runs along the beaches but I wasn't sure how easy or difficult a path it might be. About how long would it take?

Thanks for the information.

About 1 to 1.5 hours depending how often you stop to take pictures and explore etc. There are two paths, the upper path and the lower path. Upper path is easier to navigate as the lower path requires climbing over coral and dealing with the tide in certain areas. We've walked along the South Shore Park many times and never tire of it's beauty.

We were planning on checking out the beaches after spending the morning in Hamilton and having lunch there. We probably might do some swimming and definitely some picture taking.

Do you think that is too much for just the afternoon? We will be docked overnight for two days so we won't have to rush back to our ship.

You'll have plenty of time to see everything.

About 1 to 1.5 hours depending how often you stop to take pictures and explore etc. There are two paths, the upper path and the lower path. Upper path is easier to navigate as the lower path requires climbing over coral and dealing with the tide in certain areas. We've walked along the South Shore Park many times and never tire of it's beauty.

Which one would you recommend if we haven't done it yet? My kids are all teens.

Which one would you recommend if we haven't done it yet? My kids are all teens.

We have walked both many times. I would walk the upper path first for the best pictures. As you walk the upper path you will see places leading down to the beach which connect to the lower path. The hike can be as strenuous as you'd like. You'll see smaller paths (branching off the main path) leading to overlooks which at times require climbing. We've explored them all. It's a fun experience.

We have walked both many times. I would walk the upper path first for the best pictures. As you walk the upper path you will see places leading down to the beach which connect to the lower path. The hike can be as strenuous as you'd like. You'll see smaller paths (branching off the main path) leading to overlooks which at times require climbing. We've explored them all. It's a fun experience.

Ok thanks; good to know the upper and lower paths connect in case we want to go in the water.

Ok thanks; good to know the upper and lower paths connect in case we want to go in the water.

Yes, there are plenty of opportunities to access the water. Very few venture away from Horseshoe Bay so you'll find many quiet places to relax along the way.

Archived