a couple bottles of vodka

bigboy1955

You've done your 3000 post. Time to find something else to do.

Excuse me ??? I made a valid suggestion to a member here on the boards... perhaps you should be "searching" for a better response to add to your tally of posts of which SHOULD BE ASSITING as mine are to the community ! Get a life :rolleyes:

Another alternative is to CALL the Bon Voyage dept at least a couple weeks before your cruise and order two liter bottles of vodka. They'll be in your room when you get aboard and you have no worries about whether your smuggled liquor makes it through or not.

I believe for TX and AL departures, state laws make it so liquor ordered through BV is delivered the day after departure.

And yes, many people have been successful calling BV just a few days before departure, but since BV recommends a couple weeks advance ordering, it's probably safer to do it that way rather than take the chance.

We don't drink very much. I was thinking about getting 3 or 4 mini bottles (single servings) and putting them in my toiletries/makeup bag. I kind of assume that they won't bother with such a tiny quantity.

Thoughts?

They might make it... they might not... it's the gamble you are taking with smuggling.....PERIOD !

Questions are... "Do you feel lucky" ? Are you prepared to have it confiscated ?

Previous posted by a reliable source...:p

Al here,

Please!!! What we were able to bring on prior to 2-4 months ago IS TOTALLY IRRELEVANT!

They changed there practice to be the letter of their law.

I want to hear from people who have recently sailed and the results of their efforts to bring on booze.:)

Al

My DBF just throws the bottle in his luggage where I empty my bottle into 2 water bottles so hopefully on xray it will resemble a shampoo and conditioner bottle...has always worked thus far....(knocking on wood) :)

if i bring two suitcases checked thru the porters and each has 1 bottle in a zip lock bag wrapped in a towel , will it pass security, is hit hit or miss or do they thru everything

please dont judge if im a bad person. just looking for honest answers from people who have done it. not into buying those hidden devices ( rum runners) just yet... new to cruising

thanks

Got five bottles of high octane booze on the Legend just a few weeks ago. Be creative, I mean really creative. You are allowed one bottle of wine in your carry-on. Jegermiester in a properly re-sealed wine bottle looks like, well, wine. If you want, contact Bon Voyage services, they will sell you up to two liters of booze at an inflated price. They will be delivered to your cabin at the beginning of the cruise. This is still cheaper than the sky high prices they charge for drinks on board. If you get caught smuggling at least you will have something waiting for you. Good luck and enjoy.

I empty my bottle into 2 water bottles so hopefully on xray it will resemble a shampoo and conditioner bottle...has always worked thus far....(knocking on wood) :)

See http://www.euinfrastructure.com/article/OptoScreener---Enhancing-checkpoint-security-with-an-advanced-threat-detection-system/

The system can detect the presence of contraband substances, such as alcohol, even when present in small amounts and mixed with other liquids. Liquid detection is fast and safe because the automated liquid analysis does not require any containers to be opened.

Now that doesn't mean all ports have this fancy an xray machine, nor does it mean that the operator is going to go after every suspicious item, but the technology certainly exists to easily spot what's inside the bottles before ever opening the luggage.

See http://www.euinfrastructure.com/article/OptoScreener---Enhancing-checkpoint-security-with-an-advanced-threat-detection-system/

Now that doesn't mean all ports have this fancy an xray machine, nor does it mean that the operator is going to go after every suspicious item, but the technology certainly exists to easily spot what's inside the bottles before ever opening the luggage.

While the technology is now out there, the $64 million question is has any cruise ship purchased these machines and which ports are they at? That'd be a nice research objective for someone truely interested.

There are certainly screening devices out there that can identify glass bottles and aluminum cans containing liquid. Not all can identify what type of liquid, nor detect all containers carrying liquid, which is why rum runners work when used properly, stowed near wheels on luggage or with other similar objects. They work for the present, but may not work well in th efuture for smuggling. They are still an excellent way to transport any liquids. I use one of rmy liquid glucosamine. I would trust them to work better than rolled socks or towels, etc.. Lighter too.

While the technology is now out there, the $64 million question is has any cruise ship purchased these machines and which ports are they at? That'd be a nice research objective for someone truely interested.

There are certainly screening devices out there that can identify glass bottles and aluminum cans containing liquid. Not all can identify what type of liquid, nor detect all containers carrying liquid, which is why rum runners work when used properly, stowed near wheels on luggage or with other similar objects. They work for the present, but may not work well in th efuture for smuggling. They are still an excellent way to transport any liquids. I use one of rmy liquid glucosamine. I would trust them to work better than rolled socks or towels, etc.. Lighter too.

I believe its actually Homeland Security that XRays the luggage. They KNOW what they are looking at but they are not Carnival security. HS doesn't care, and CCL has no control over them. But CCL people can be present too.

Archived