Emerald - Spa Services Questions??

StLHoneymooners

Hi...I have read through many of the posts, but still am a bit confused. We want to book a couples massage for our cruise in Sept. (its our honeymoon!) and I am not sure if their is a difference between the couples massage at the Lotus Spa versus the Sanctuary, or if they are the same? If different, is one location better than the other? Is it best to prebook the massages or wait until we get onboard? Do the time slots fill up quickly? Thanks so much for any tips/advice!

The Sanctuary is actually on deck and you're massage will be in a 'private' cabana in the Sanctuary area. I haven't had the Lotus Spa couples massage but I assume it will be in the Spa itself in one of the private massage rooms.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

When we were on the Emerald in November, we called the spa to book our couples massage and were told to check in at the spa desk. Given directions from there about where to dress (or undress as the case may be) and where to wait. The ladies performing the massage came and collected us near our appointment time. took us up to the sanctuary area into one of the aformentioned cabanas.

When we booked we were never asked about a location...just what we wanted and a suitable time.

I haven't been on a cruise since they added the Sanctuary. But we once did a couple's massage in the spa, on the Sapphire. We weren't all that impressed with the room. It felt rather clinical, like a doctor's office. It discouraged us from doing it again (that and the massages we got were just okay, considering the price). But we might be willing to give it another try if the massages were done in a private cabana up on deck (instead of a closed up, "cold and sterile" feeling room).

I didn't like the Cabana experience. We could here announcements from the ship and other people in the area....and someone's cell phone....it ruined the whole experience.....even with the discount we had won from the sailaway.

Thanks everyone, this is helpful info...I guess you cant book the Sanctuary massages online prior to the cruise....do you have to wait until you are on the ship to do that, and specify you want the sanctuary?

76Jauguar - did you reserve on your first day on the ship or did you wait? I wonder how fast it fills up?

Dani24 - I was worried that it might be more like a doctors office...I like the idea of being in a private cabana...

Akheila - did you book online or on the ship? I understand what you are saying about hearing external noise during your massage...we get massages here with complete silence or relaxing lusic, but we are hoping for something a little more unique on a cruise...we were hoping the cabana would provide that.

We just werent sure if we could prebook or wait until we get onboard to reserve.

Thank you all!!!

Archived