Future Cruise Down-payment (FCD) uk

zider

With effect from the 7 June 2010, the P&O Cruises & Cunard Line onboard sales programmes will be offering a new service to passengers who have not yet decided which cruise to book whilst on board, but definitely want to cruise with us in the future.

The Future Cruise Down-payment (FCD) scheme will allow customers who have not yet decided on a specific cruise whilst on board, to commit a small down-payment for their future cruise holiday. In return, customers will be able to take advantage of the same onboard booking incentives on offer for confirmed bookings.

This will help us secure business with a wider spectrum of passengers currently travelling and create further loyalty to our cruise lines. It also gives us greater potential to encourage first time cruisers to return than the current onboard sales process, as we know that first time cruisers generally require more time to consider their future cruising experience. Therefore, by offering an FCD scheme we can effectively secure a future booking from them whilst still on board.

Of course, our first priority is always to secure a confirmed and immediate cruise booking, this new scheme gives us extra flexibility to help you and us capture a sale whilst passengers are still on board with us.

Future Cruise Down-payment’s

Passengers will pay £200 per person to be used as a Future Cruise Down-payment. This will go towards the deposit for a future cruise booked.

They will then have 1 calendar year from the date that an FCD is made to apply it to a future cruise booking.

In return passengers will receive the following onboard credit benefits on their new booking, once it is confirmed. This is exactly the same benefit as if the passengers had made a confirmed booking on board.

This scheme is for UK Guests, the scheme for American guests will remain the same with it’s relevant terms.

Sailings of 6-9 days Stateroom Category

Onboard Credit Amount

Grill

$200 per person

Balcony

$150 per person

Inside & Outside

$100 per person

Sailings of 10 days or more Stateroom Category

Onboard Credit Amount

Grill

$400 per person

Balcony

$300 per person

Inside & Outside

$200 per person

Hi Zider. That's very interesting. It sounds different from what I was told on-board QM2 two years ago (USA passenger). I tried to find the information relating to future cruise bookings for USA passengers to see what the current terms were, but had no success.

I know your thread is relating to UK passengers, but I was just wondering if anyone knows where to find the latest info for USA passengers. I would think it shoud be the same when booking on-board since we're all paying with USDollars:confused:

Salacia

A nice positive idea from Cunard! Sounds like an excellent idea - I always like the thought of booking something when on board, but can never plan my exact dates at that time to be able to take advantage of it.

So a big :D from me for this idea

A nice positive idea from Cunard! Sounds like an excellent idea - I always like the thought of booking something when on board, but can never plan my exact dates at that time to be able to take advantage of it.

So a big :D from me for this idea

MadScientist, a very similiar offer was made to me by the travel office while on board QM2 two years ago, so it's not new---at least to this US passenger However, it does seem that the terms are different.

If I remember correctly, that future cruise deposit was refundable if not used within three years. I noticed the offer posted above does not say if it is refundable or not. -S

P.S. For past tread on this topic see http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1166560&highlight=future+cruise+credit

MadScientist, a very similiar offer was made to me by the travel office while on board QM2 two years ago, so it's not new---at least to this US passenger However, it does seem that the terms are different.

If I remember correctly, that future cruise deposit was refundable if not used within three years. I noticed the offer posted above does not say if it is refundable or not. -S

The deposit on this is non refundable, but what makes it attractive to UK customer's is that in the UK if we make a early booking & the price drops we do not get it & if we cancel we lose the deposit. this offer now lets us to wait for the price drop & get Cunard's O.B.C. as well

The deposit on this is non refundable, but what makes it attractive to UK customer's is that in the UK if we make a early booking & the price drops we do not get it & if we cancel we lose the deposit. this offer now lets us to wait for the price drop & get Cunard's O.B.C. as well

Yikes Zider, I didn't know you cousins didn't get a price adjustment if the price drops after you put down a deposit or that you lose deposit if you cancel. What a dreadful policy! Sorry to learn open date future voyage deposits w/OBC were not availalbe to you sooner, but I'm glad there is a better option available for you now :)

Cheers,

Salacia

• 2 months later...

That's interesting - we were on board QV at that time and booked a cruise whilst on board (on 13 June) . We weren't absolutely sure which cruise to book at the time and we would have liked more time to decide (as it involved discussions with a relative in Canada) but the cruise consultant made no mention at all of this facility and in effect meant that we felt obliged to book a speciific cruise whilst on board in order to get the (admittedly generous) OBC on offer. As a UK customer, I can't get the benefit of any price drop and as it happens the particular cruise is not appearing online either so I can't keep a check on the price!

I may now take this up with Cunard as I feel rather miffed!

With effect from the 7 June 2010, the P&O Cruises & Cunard Line onboard sales programmes will be offering a new service to passengers who have not yet decided which cruise to book whilst on board, but definitely want to cruise with us in the future.

The Future Cruise Down-payment (FCD) scheme will allow customers who have not yet decided on a specific cruise whilst on board, to commit a small down-payment for their future cruise holiday. In return, customers will be able to take advantage of the same onboard booking incentives on offer for confirmed bookings.

This will help us secure business with a wider spectrum of passengers currently travelling and create further loyalty to our cruise lines. It also gives us greater potential to encourage first time cruisers to return than the current onboard sales process, as we know that first time cruisers generally require more time to consider their future cruising experience. Therefore, by offering an FCD scheme we can effectively secure a future booking from them whilst still on board.

Of course, our first priority is always to secure a confirmed and immediate cruise booking, this new scheme gives us extra flexibility to help you and us capture a sale whilst passengers are still on board with us.

Future Cruise Down-payment’s

Passengers will pay £200 per person to be used as a Future Cruise Down-payment. This will go towards the deposit for a future cruise booked.

They will then have 1 calendar year from the date that an FCD is made to apply it to a future cruise booking.

In return passengers will receive the following onboard credit benefits on their new booking, once it is confirmed. This is exactly the same benefit as if the passengers had made a confirmed booking on board.

This scheme is for UK Guests, the scheme for American guests will remain the same with it’s relevant terms.

Sailings of 6-9 days Stateroom Category

Onboard Credit Amount

Grill

$200 per person

Balcony

$150 per person

Inside & Outside

$100 per person

Sailings of 10 days or more Stateroom Category

Onboard Credit Amount

Grill

$400 per person

Balcony

$300 per person

Inside & Outside

$200 per person

Sometimes they seem to offer double onboard credit while your on board would this apply to this if they were?

If so i will book while i am on the 8/11/10 trip.

• 8 months later...

Archived