Two Questions for Recent Monarch Cruisers

We have sailed on RCCL several times, and on Monarch twice, but it's always been just the two of us. We are sailing with our three grown sons and granddaughter June 28. Being the compulsive planner that I am, I need to know a couple of things, since this will be a "cat-herding" occasion!

1. If you have your Compasses, can you check the days/times that casual (I think they're called "Lifestyle") portraits are taken?

2) Last time we were on Monarch, you couldn't access your accounts on the TV - is that still true? We're giving the kids an "allowance" and we'll need to keep up with how much they're spending.

We have sailed on RCCL several times, and on Monarch twice, but it's always been just the two of us. We are sailing with our three grown sons and granddaughter June 28. Being the compulsive planner that I am, I need to know a couple of things, since this will be a "cat-herding" occasion!

1. If you have your Compasses, can you check the days/times that casual (I think they're called "Lifestyle") portraits are taken?

2) Last time we were on Monarch, you couldn't access your accounts on the TV - is that still true? We're giving the kids an "allowance" and we'll need to keep up with how much they're spending.

Not sure about the pics but will check my Compass from the 5-14 sailing tonight :)

Sea Pass accounts are still not available on the tv in your cabin on the Monarch.

Thank you for the response, but that was not my question.

Sometimes this board really frustrates me. I try to make my thread title specific and I try to be very specific with my questions. Then I get one response in almost four hours and it suggests a different way of doing what I want to do. I want use one credit card for three cabins and keep up with what the other two cabins are spending, so my question was whether you can view your accounts on TV.

And yet, some incredibly stupid questions get tons of responses within a really short period of time.....

Thank you for the response, but that was not my question.

Sometimes this board really frustrates me. I try to make my thread title specific and I try to be very specific with my questions. Then I get one response in almost four hours and it suggests a different way of doing what I want to do. I want use one credit card for three cabins and keep up with what the other two cabins are spending, so my question was whether you can view your accounts on TV.

And yet, some incredibly stupid questions get tons of responses within a really short period of time.....

Since you can't check the accounts on the tv I have a few suggestions that may be easier than constantly monitoring everyone's spending.

1) Have your grown children use their own credit cards and then give them cash/check for the amount of their "allowance" that they can then put that money towards their bill.

2) Put cash down on each account and have it backed up by their own cards.

Obviously you can do whatever is easiest/best for your particular situation, but either one of these options would help prevent stress about how much everyone else was spending.

Enjoy! I loved the Monarch when I was on her last year.

Yes, you can check on how much is being charged. Go to Guest Relations and aski for a printout of charges to the accounts. They will have them by either portfolion number, or cabin. (Portfolio number is on their sea pass card).

You cannot access this on the tv's on the Monarch.

I believe you can get Lifestyle portraits any night that isn't formal night.

Have fun!:)

I just returned from the 5/28 sailing, the post above is correct. However the second night which is "Formal Night" is not announced the Compass actually says "Smart Casual" (which it was not). Every other evening lifestyle pictures were taken around the Centrum. They were also taken during the day on the second to last day of the cruise (Coco Cay- if sailing this itinerary).

I just returned from the 5/28 sailing, the post above is correct. However the second night which is "Formal Night" is not announced the Compass actually says "Smart Casual" (which it was not). Every other evening lifestyle pictures were taken around the Centrum. They were also taken during the day on the second to last day of the cruise (Coco Cay- if sailing this itinerary).

After searching my Compass from the 5-14 sailing, I find this to be correct as well.

It appears the OP was on a 4 night sailing so Im not sure if that makes things different or not.

Archived