Tea & Coffee making facilities on Eclipse

terrierjohn

Early cruisers commented that only tea bags were being provided by Celebrity in the cabins.

Do we have any additional information from more recent cruisers?

Yes, kettles, teabags, sugar, longlife milk provided. No coffee.

Early cruisers commented that only tea bags were being provided by Celebrity in the cabins.

Do we have any additional information from more recent cruisers?

Yes, only tea bags were provided, and there are quite a few choices. You need to find a way to get water to boil it for the tea. Personally I won't use cabin tap water.

We didn't use it.

Ricky

Yes, only tea bags were provided, and there are quite a few choices. You need to find a way to get water to boil it for the tea. Personally I won't use cabin tap water.

We didn't use it.

Ricky

Why not?

We are just back off Eclipse and used bathroom tap water to make tea/coffee for several days until we wised-up and started using our free, AQ class mineral water. I can't say that we noticed any difference in the results though !

Instant coffee sachets are available from the Oceanview Cafe but, as we prefer a real brew first thing, we took a supply of Rombouts-style individual coffee filters with us. This worked well and cause less mess than individual French presses (cafetieres).

One word of warning though. The glass cups Celebrity have provided have a removable sprung-metal handle which works fine if you are careful. On a couple of occasions, I found a hot, full cup had come loose from the sprung holder and could very easily have scalded myself. I think Celebrity have made a BAD choice here. It will not be long before somebody gets badly hurt and they may have lots of coffee/tea stained bed sheets to deal with too !

Alan

Archived