Cost of getting clothes pressed (not laundered)?

ScTrny1

Hello all---

I'm a first-time cruiser, and am wondering about the cost of having our clothes pressed after we arrive. I've searched all 9 pages of this forum and can't find this specific question. We're on Equinox in July for an Eastern Med. cruise, and after traveling from the west coast of the US, all of our clean laundry will certainly be wrinkled. :confused:

Does anyone have advice/information/thoughts on how you handle the wrinkles? Other than purchasing all new clothing, that is?

Thanks---

ScTrny1

Hello all---

I'm a first-time cruiser, and am wondering about the cost of having our clothes pressed after we arrive. I've searched all 9 pages of this forum and can't find this specific question. We're on Equinox in July for an Eastern Med. cruise, and after traveling from the west coast of the US, all of our clean laundry will certainly be wrinkled. :confused:

Does anyone have advice/information/thoughts on how you handle the wrinkles? Other than purchasing all new clothing, that is?

Thanks---

ScTrny1

Here's a link that might help you.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000TRA7-ZLBBJ-o5Mt7TsOeP-t:12hdebdrn?faqSubjectName=Ship+and+Stateroom+Details&faqId=566&pagename=faq_answers

Also, we take Downey Wrinkle Release....it's a spray, works very well. You just spray it on clothes, smooth out the wrinkles, let it dry. It is sold in grocery stores near detergent, and I've seen it in Walmart, Target, etc. It will save you a lot of money you can spend elsewhere...

DH only gets his suit and tie pressed for formal night.

Otherwise we use Wrinkle Release as we unpack and hang up our clothes for the week. Great product!

Hello all---

Thanks---

ScTrny1

Ignore them - you're on vacation. Simple.;););)

Our clothing usually arrives unwrinkled even after packing 48 hrs in advance because we always arrive to a cruise 24 hours prior to sailing. I go to the cleaners and purchase about 60 cleaner plastic bags and some new metal hangers. Each shirt, top, blouse, skirt, dress, shorts, capris, suit or tux is placed on an individual hangar with a fresh cleaner bag over the item. I put all underwear in large plastic ziplock bags and another for bathing suits and coverups. Shoes are also in large ziplock bags.

When I unpack I just hang up the clothes right out of the suitcase. THe large ziplock bags get placed in a drawer and the shoes in the bottom of the closet. It takes me no more than 10 minutes to get our things unpacked. And the best part is we never have wrinkles. Those plastic cleaner bags on each item seem to do the trick for me everytime.

Happy packing everyone,

JoAnne

Our clothing usually arrives unwrinkled even after packing 48hrs in advance because we always arrive to a cruise 24 hours prior to sailing. I go to the cleaners and purchase about 60 cleaner plastic bags and some new metal hangers. Each shirt, top, blouse, skirt, dress, shorts, capris, suit or tux is placed on an individual hangar with a fresh cleaner bag over the item. I put all underwear in large plastic ziplock bags and another for bathing suits and coverups. Shoes are also in large ziplock bags.

When I unpack I just hang up the clothes right out of the suitcase. THe large ziplock bags get placed in a drawer and the shoes in the bottom of the closet. It takes me no more than 10 minutes to get our things unpacked. And the best part is we never have wrinkles. Those plastic cleaner bags on each item seem to do the trick for me everytime.

Happy packing everyone,

JoAnne

We use the plastic cleaners bags too and they work well.:) I have had a couple linen pieces pressed..I don't travel with them too often.:rolleyes:

Most clothes come out well enough that by the time I wear them, the wrinkles have fallen out. The spray works well too!

That being said the prices for pressing are reasonable. Cleaning a suit is much cheaper onboard than here at home. My DH has his suit cleaned and pressed when we board. And he's set for the formal nights.

Archived