Wedding is finally booked!

Sestrong821

Hi all!

Well, I just got confirmation that my wedding aboard the Caribbean Princess for September 05' has been reserved and booked. Has anyone been aboard Princess or any cruise line for that matter and attended or been apart of a wedding that may be able to offer some advise? We have booked a penthouse suite on the Riviera deck so I hope there will be enough room for my mother and I to get me dressed and ready to go. Now the nerves are starting to hit :eek: ! Thanks in advance for any information you might be able to provide.

Shelly

Shelly,

I just got married on that ship. Did you check out my review and pics? Let me know if you have any other questions.

PS You'll have plenty of room! We had a mini-suite and I had plenty of people plus myself in my room while I was getting dressed and we had no problems.

Congratulations! I'm getting married on the Carib. as well. May 14th, which is ONE HUNDRED DAYS FROM TODAY. I am entering full on bridal panic mode. There are so many details left to take care of. I haven't even seen my dress! Eek.

Ok, enough panic. On to other subjects.....like planning!

We're only in a balcony room. I'm not too worried about overcrowding, but couldn't really justify the suite considering some of the other expenses that we went really overboard on. (i.e., my engagement ring, springing for airfare for guests and such). We've only done OV before, so I am still excited!

If you are interested, I have finally figured out how to do a "planning" page over at the knot:

http://www.theknot.com/co_profilevi...name=BrideRedux

I will be sure to post pictures and such when we get back. I can't wait. I wish it was May!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi Brandy,

I am also getting married aboard the Cariibean Princess. My Wedding day is the 18th at 2:00, how about you? Are you working with anyone in particular at TWE? So far I am working with Lisa and she has been great! I have read a lot of information especially from Kadiebug on this site giving info on our ship and people involved. So far everything seems to be running smooth, I hope for you too.

Good Luck and see you there!

• 2 weeks later...

Brandy,

I am geting married Sept 18th @ 2:00 in the chaple. How about you? This is actually kind of nice to talk with someone that will be going through the same thing at the same time. I hope your planning is going well. I am working with Lisa Joseph in the wedding department, who are you working with?

Also feel free to email me at sestrong821@hotmail.com if you would like to compare info or just need someone to talk with, I'd love it.

Talk with you soon.

Shelly

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so the wedding has been booked. Now it's time to work on the oh so important reception and such.

There used to be different wedding packages and reception packages offered by Princess, however it looks now to be where there is erally one one reception by many luncheon options. I'm so confussed and what I need to pick out extra and not. I've been waiting for a few days now on a return call from Lisa at TWE or even a return email to get this all arranged...:mad: starting to get frustrated. They say to book as early as possible, but how can you do that when they don't return the phone call or email!!!!

Sorry just venting a little.:eek:

Shelly

From my experience, the packages listed in the brochure are NOT the only options. For example, no where in the brochure does it say you can just do open bar with no food for around 15.00 PP per hour nor does it say in the brochure that Sabatini's is an option for lunch or dinner and those were the things we did. My biggest piece of advice, if you want something, ask for it. They don't offer up non-standard options, but if you ask for things they will generally accomodate, they'll charge you of course, but they'll accomodate.

Keep an open mind and try not to get frustrated. :) Try to remember, chances are if you ask the same question a second time you often get a different answer (at least that was my experience with TWE). LOL They are pretty bad at calling back so I definitly feel your frustration. They aren't very responsive until about 30-60 days before the wedding, then you will be talking to them at least once a week. That's when they are used to doing most of the planning (or at least, that was my experience). It was like I was not that high on the priority list until around 60 days before, then I was number one.

Archived