Carnival - private islands?

cpygrl

Hi,

I have noticed that Royal Caribbean and several other cruise lines have "private islands" that cruise passengers can visit. Does Carnival have anything like that?? :confused:

Thanks!

Ohhhh - so THAT'S what that is! I have seen on these boards where several people have posted about HMC, but I had no idea that it was a private island. Thanks guys!!!!

We were lucky enough to stop at HMC on our April cruise; it is as fabulous as all the reviews say. If you can afford to...splurge and get a cabana. The most comfortable lounge chairs I have even used, nice amount of food and drink, and a space that's all yours.

It's not cheap, about $229 or $299, but we all (DH, DD and DS and I) agreed it was worth it. As a side note, if you have younger kids, the cabanas are all painted a different color, so it's easy for your kids to find you after playing on the water toys...

Kathryn

Tiffany--HMC is amazing. I went there for the first time in Sept 07 and immediately booked another cruise for Sept 08. Sadly, a wee hurricane by the name of Ike ruined those plans and I had to wait until Jan of this year to get back. It was well worth the wait.....book a cabana, it is the only way to go......

The one major problem with Half Moon Cay is it is a HAL island, and HAL ships get first dibs at the island. If the Liberty or Glory are scheduled to be at HMC and a HAL ship is also booked there, the Carnival ship ends up going to Nassau instead. The Bloggers Cruise 4 in Feb 2011 was supposed to go to HMC, but a HAL ship is there, so it's going to Nassau instead......

Carnival has made enough that they can afford to buy a small Bahamian island and build a place that rivals HMC and will be first or tied for first with HMC......

One day it will happen that Carnival gets a private island or opens one or both of Princess's private islands up for Carnival ships....they do own Princess you know....*BG*

Archived