Family of 4: Royal Suite, or connecting Sky suite/Concierge Class aft (Solstice)?

krewzin

We currently are a family of 4 booked on the Solstice in July, with an aft Sky suite, and adjoining Concierge Class cabins. I am considering changing/upgrading that ressie and booking all 4 of us into the Royal Suite.

Anybody ever stayed in the RS who can share their experience? Is it roomy enough for a family of 4, or should we just stick with the connecting setup that we've got?

Thanks!

It would be roomy enough, but if the two cabins are cheaper I'd consider staying where you are. With 2 cabins you get two bathrooms. Do you want to share one bathroom with 3 other people. Getting ready for dinner could be interesting. With the two cabins you can also open up the balconies to get one larger cabin.

Should preface by saying I have not stayed in the RS. Our children are grown and we cruise as a couple usually in a Sky Suite.

The major points for you to consider in my opinion are:

1. Are your children small enough to share the sofa bed in the RS?

2. Would you benefit from two full bathrooms (adjoining cabins)? The RS has a full bath and a "powder room".

It would be nice to have the family all in one cabin (RS), but if your children are older, they will need more bathroom time and would prefer their own beds (CC).

Unless your children are small, I would lean toward the adjoining cabins. You can all gather in the Sky Suite - it has ample room. The CC is rather small (same size as all the other cabins).

Have a great cruise! Solstice is a beauty.

Our kids (boys) are 15 and 17.... so the bathroom thing has potential to be a problem, although the fact that the suite has a seperate powder room certainly helps.

They wouldn't share the sofa bed...we'd have to get a rollaway brought in (or use an air mattress. Just don't know how tight that might get, as the cabin looks pretty darn roomy.

It's certainly a better placement of cabin....on the hump, rather than aft.

Does X have rollaway beds? I have not heard of anyone getting them, but that doesn't mean they don't have them. If so, with the better cabin placement, it would make the RS more attractive. The two full bathrooms with the connecting cabins would be pretty nice though. Dining in suite would be better with the RS. With the two options you are considering, you really can't make a bad choice.

Not sure if X has rollaways...I know HAL did, so I would *assume* that X has them available.

"The two full bathrooms with the connecting cabins would be pretty nice though."

This is a huge consideration. Taking the teenager/bathroom dilemma into account, I'm leaning toward keeping the connecting rooms, but that RS sure does look nice.

Thanks for the input....I'm still undecided.

Archived