When are formal nights on Volendam Inside Passage cruises this summer?

Cruzden

Hi, I am hoping someone who recently cruised on the Volendam, Inside passage out of Vancouver, can confirm what nights were the formal nights.

I called ship services 2 times, and got 2 different answers. Both times I was told the first formal night is the first sea day (second night), but for the second formal night, I was told that it was the Ketchikan day by the first person at ship services, and then was told it was the last sea day by the other person at ship services. Then when I ask for clarification, I was told that it is really up to the captian.

So now I am really confused! We would like to book PG one night ahead of time, and was hoping to know the schedule of formal nights.

Thanks!

Agree that the formal nights are your first day at sea and the day you view Glacier Bay.

HAL as a rule does not have a formal night on an evening when the ship doesn't leave port until 6 PM -- early diners would not have a chance to change for dinner.

Also there is never a formal night on the last night of the cruise when people are packing and getting ready to depart the ship.

Thanks for your feedback - it sounds like we should plan on the second formal night to be the Glacier Bay day. Funny how 2 different ship services employees told me two different nights (Ketchikan day and the last full sea day) neither of which are the Glacier Bay day!

Archived