Emerald Balconies

robgvic

Wow....I guess it is better not to be disappointed once onboard. I tried to search the Princess website and didn't see these as a perks. I have known travel agents to make mistakes but he noted that him and his wife we just in a mini and that was something Princess was now offering.

I will try to do a bit more research so I don't expect something only to be disappointed onboard.

There are definitely mini's on the Emerald deck, so on that point, I do believe I am absolutely correct. They are on the aft section and have covered balconies. I think there are only 12 or 14 of them, but definitely there. They are in the AD category.

Location within a category does not determine amenities or perks. All minisuites are the same regarding perks, only difference is location. Your TA is confused. An AD is a lower minisuite category than the AA I stayed in, you'd think IF there were some extra perks, the highest minisuite category would get them. Happy Sailing!

Location within a category does not determine amenities or perks. All minisuites are the same regarding perks, only difference is location. Your TA is confused. An AD is a lower minisuite category than the AA I stayed in, you'd think IF there were some extra perks, the highest minisuite category would get them. Happy Sailing!

No, I didn't think the location of the mini suite had anything to do with receiving the perks or that one category within the mini's got more than another. I was responding to the post that thought I would be disappointed as he stated there were no mini suites on the Emerald deck.

Yes, we are booked in a mini (not a suite) and were told by the TA of the special perks -- stated that I didn't see them listed on the Princess website and realize that he was mistaking in telling me we would get anything extra over the glass of champagne, extra tv and bigger bathroom. I now know you are right, the TA was confused ...maybe thought it was a suite...whatever the reason, I now believe he misspoke and gave me inaccurate information.

We are still excited about the extra room and the covered balcony, though...oh yeah, and that glass of champagne (ha!). Like I said, better to be let down beforehand so I don't have unreal expectations once I am on the cruise.

No, I didn't think the location of the mini suite had anything to do with receiving the perks or that one category within the mini's got more than another. I was responding to the post that thought I would be disappointed as he stated there were no mini suites on the Emerald deck.

Yes, we are booked in a mini (not a suite) and were told by the TA of the special perks -- stated that I didn't see them listed on the Princess website and realize that he was mistaking in telling me we would get anything extra over the glass of champagne, extra tv and bigger bathroom. I now know you are right, the TA was confused ...maybe thought it was a suite...whatever the reason, I now believe he misspoke and gave me inaccurate information.

We are still excited about the extra room and the covered balcony, though...oh yeah, and that glass of champagne (ha!). Like I said, better to be let down beforehand so I don't have unreal expectations once I am on the cruise.

Thanks for the clarification. I hate when TA's misquote information. They are suppose to be the experts on the subject. JEEZ.

But you have the right attitude! Happy Sailing!

Archived