Tender Tickets

Lauren, I'm not sure you need to worry about this. Although my experience is with the Navigator, the tendering was done on a "first come, first served" basis. The tenders are large and provided by shore based contractors, not the smaller ship born boats used by other cruise lines.

I'm sure that if I'm wrong someone will correct me, but my statement combined with the time of year that you are cruising makes me think you have nothing to fear.

Have a great time!

If it is an excursion that uses a tender, you will get tickets for each person, but most excursions have a specific time to be there or you miss the tender.

If you are talking about Labadee, Cayman Islands and other places where you have to tender ashore, then no you do not get a ticket, you just stand in line like you would for a bus and wait until it is your turn to get on, same for returning to the ship. Word of warning always make sure you have the ships time on your watch and make sure you are aware of the time for the Last tender.

When you go to get a tender ticket is it one ticket per family or one ticket per person in the family?

We were recently on the Radiance that stopped in Grand Cayman, where tendering is required. Our shore excursion was not booked with the cruise line. Apparently, those with RCCL-booked excursions leaving early got the first tenders ... I believe their tender tickets were provided. We had to line up early (7AM) to get tickets for the tenders which followed these preferred tenders. The closer you were to the front of the line, the earlier your tender. We were on #1. They called our tender within 1/2 hour after the first tenders started loading. Strangely enough, no one ever asked for our ticket when we boarded the tender.

I agree w/ "anniversary cruiser" . We cruised on the Jewel this past November. Had to get in line to get the tickets, then get in line to board the tender by number. They never asked for our tender tickets. (This was at Grand Cayman). We were fortunate enough to have tender # 4. I heard some grumbling around the ship that morning because some people were told their tender number would not even be called until around noon and that would not leave much time on the island. Don't know what the answer to that problem is but the tendering thing can be a pain in the neck. Anyway, hope you have a great cruise!!!

Hi Lauren,

The time in Grand Cayman is the same as here, I talked to Sharon of Nativeways about a week ago, we are booked in the morning, the same as your group, so we will probably meet one another!! We are all getting anxious, we leave for Fort Lauderdale in 13 days!!!!!!

Hi MsWeezie99:

These last 2 weeks are torturous. The days are going so slow. Its been over a year wait for me and now that we're down to 2 weeks its taking forever. I've been watching all the weather reports as far as snowstorms. Hope its all clear. Anyway I'll see you in Jamaica or maybe when we go to the Adventure Ocean Meeting if your kids are going to be doing that. What is your real name by the way?

Hi Lauren!! My real name is Lisa, btw!! I assume yours is Lauren??? When talking to Sharon at Nativeway, she said she has a few boats, so I don't even know if we will get on the same one, but I will be looking for u! You are with another couple and four boys, right? I will have a 14 year old son, who is hard to miss at 6'1, and thin as a rail, and my daughter is 11, and I will be the one with a smile plastered on my face, as I have been wanting to cruise for about 4 years now, I just spend three years in college, the last two were full time, and my Feb vacation was always different than the kids! We booked this last summer right after I graduated. I went to school for Radiology and now work as an xray technologist.

If you'd like to email me, you can reach me at msweezie99@verizon.net, I'd love to chat some more!!!

On the Empress we did not tender at St. Maarten, but did at St. Barts. My advice is get there early to get a tender ticket as it took forever for them to get through the numbers. We could have gotten a ticket but were not going in until around noon so figured we didn't need to get one. We ended up going off with a friend we had met who had picked up a ticket. When we got back to the ship about 3, I think they were still trying to get people off.:confused:

Archived