Pre booking shore tours through MSC

toolangi

Is it possible to pre-book the ship's tours? I can find the available tours on the MSC web site but no prices and I can't find anywhere to reserve them.

I'm going on MSC Orchestra on 31 July cruising Norwegian Fjords and I wanted to ensure we are able to get on the Flam railway tour .:)

Is it possible to pre-book the ship's tours? I can find the available tours on the MSC web site but no prices and I can't find anywhere to reserve them.

I'm going on MSC Orchestra on 31 July cruising Norwegian Fjords and I wanted to ensure we are able to get on the Flam railway tour .:)

Here is the link for your Shore Excursions in Flam. Prices are quoted at the end of the description of each excursion.

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/crociere/ports.asp?id=31981&port_id=444&region_id=12

Here is the link for your Shore Excursions in Flam. Prices are quoted at the end of the description of each excursion.

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/crociere/ports.asp?id=31981&port_id=444&region_id=12

Thanks - the US MSC website is different to the Australian one.

Thanks - the US MSC website is different to the Australian one.

Be careful using the US site though, I believe that a lot of stuff offered to the North Americans is not available to the rest of the world, and the prices offered to them are often a lot cheaper too.

I'm not entirely sure if this applies to the tours, but have read that this is the case with drink packages.

Cheers

Andy

I agree with remi1au.

I believe you can pre book excusrions via your TA but really there is no need, The vast majority of passengers on European sailings just book onboard. You'll get a copy of the Tour Magazine either during your embarkation process or in your cabin. You complete a booking form and take it to the Tour Desk to make your reservations. You don't need to book all of them at once. they will tell you in the Daily porgramme each day what the cut off point is for booking tours for a particular port.

I hardly ever do shore excursions now, but when I did on my earlier cruises, never had a problem getting on a tour because it was over booked. tended to have the opposite problem - not enough English speakers booking to reach the minimum numbers to run it! You won't have that problem in Scandanivia as they won't be offering tours in Scandanavian languages, so many of those passengers will default to the English tours as most speak English (very well) as a second language.

• 2 weeks later...

I too always booked my excursions once on board the ship, however I just had a bad experience on the Poesia's Iceland cruise where many of the better tours were already fully booked on the first day. Of the 2400 passengers aboard on the 4-15 June cruise, 1800 of them were from Germany, the majority in groups belonging to several major German tour operators. These agencies had prebooked their customers for the best excursions so the non-German passengers found them already fully booked on the first or second day of the cruise. Needless to say there were many upset passengers, including yours truly!

Archived