Celebrity Credit Card Onboard Credit Denied?

Eve

Has anyone tried to redeem an onboard credit using points earned on a Bank of America Celebrity Credit Card? While reveiwing the terms and conditions this morning, I noticed that it said points are redeemable for obc's on MILLENIUM CLASS SHIPS ONLY. Has anyone tried to redeem points on a Solstice class ship and been denied? I have a boatload of points I wanted to redeem on Equinox in a couple of weeks. I submitted the request, but am now concerned that I won't get the OBC that I've worked so hard for.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

I would like to know also. I recently got a Celebrity Visa from B of A so I could get extra points from my cruise purchase and was hoping to use them on Solstice in November. Perhaps they haven't updated their rules. Would seem odd to limit this to M Class ships.

Go Hawks!!

I see on the redemption website where the words "specialty restaurants" are followed by an asterisk, and when I look at the tab for "conditions" there is an asterisk followed by the phrase "on Millennium class ships only". I took this to mean that somehow the restriction had to do with the specialty restaurants, somehow.

"Among the most versatile ways to redeem your points is a $500 shipboard credit. From an exciting shore excursion to a heavenly massage in Steiner's AquaSpa® by Elemis to an unforgettable dining experience at one of our specialty restaurants*, your onboard credit can be applied to any purchase made onboard the ship".

"*On Millennium class ships only"

I redeem them as I earn them and apply to the most current cruise. I redeem online, get the confirmation email, then call the Captain's Club to apply to my cruise. I talked to Brenda (Captains Club) yesterday, and she greeted my as an old friend (I call pretty often). Good luck to you.

They can also be combined with your other OBC like shareholders or onboard booking.

Celebrity (and RCL) are notorious for confusing descriptions and lousy proof reading. This is most likely one result.

When the cards first came out, there were no specialty restaurants on any but the M-Class ships. So some lawyer told them to caveat using the OBC for a specialty restaurant. Now that the Solstice class is out, nobody has thought to go back and clean up the language.

Yes, the asterisk item was for the speciality restaurants only on M=Class ships. They have since added speciality restaurants to other ships but they have not changed the website.

We cashed in over 800 OBC using our X Rewards card with BofA and had no problems on our recent Solstice cruise.

...redeem your points with a check from B of A. This way you have cash in hand (or pocket) and then charge your onboard expenditures to your Celebrity card for more points!! If you so choose, you can pay the bill when it come in with your cash from previous points, or buy yourself some BLING!! ~B~

Is it the same value for points now? At one time, you could get a $50 credit for 5000 points, but could only get $25 cash for the same number of points. If it's the same either way now, I'll definitely be doing as you suggest, B-Anne.

Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread! I appreciate the clarification about the Millenium class ships...I think I may have been so startled to see this that I was unable to read it clearly, lol.

I sent in my request and am awaiting a confirmation email...can anyone tell me approximately how long it takes to get that confirmation email?

Thanks again, and happy sailing to all.

Eve

It appears that there has been no change since I earlier checked into this, per Celebrity Bank of America Visa website.

If you want cash back via a check, you get $25 for 5000 points.

If you choose on=board credit, you get $50 for 5000 points.

So it appears that the OBC is the way to go for those with this card.

Archived