Girona or Tossa Del Mar

For a tour? We have a tour picking us up port side for a 8 hour tour.. we can pick..

Girona and Barcelona

Tossa Del Mar and Barcelona

Girona and Tossa Del Mar (now Barcelona)

Help Please!

Sorry. I was confused by your post. Barcelona is definately part of your tour and the choice is between Girona and Tossa De Mar for the other half?

I visited Girona last October. It's a wonderful medieval town with very interesting (and photogenic) and walkable historic quarter. Some info is at: http://www.sol.com/en/girona-province.htm

Tossa De Mar would be on the Costa Brava. Seaside. After touring Girona, our guide took us to that area. We were slightly north on S'Agaro Bay, where we had lunch on the beach and walked around paths along the shore and its rocky coves.

It made a nice mix of a cultural morning and a relaxing afternoon on the coast. The Med at its best.

So, assuming Barcelona is in the mix, Tossa De Mar might be a good compliment.

For a tour? We have a tour picking us up port side for a 8 hour tour.. we can pick..

Girona and Barcelona

Tossa Del Mar and Barcelona

Girona and Tossa Del Mar (now Barcelona)

Help Please!

I've flown into Girona (also spelt Gerona) many time but never gone into the city. It's a working city, but apparently has some wonderful buildings. The route to it is all fast but boring autoroute.

Tossa de Mar is very much a tourist resort, more laid-back than most, and not over-run with foreign (esp UK/German) bars & shops which is the case in many Spanish costa resorts. Closely-packed hotels at the eastern end of the beach, but a good beach, backed by pedestrian streets & alleyways with independent local shops, bars, restaurants etc, good territory for wandering, and a castle at the other end.

Again, most of the route is boring autoroute, but a pleasant run from the autoroute down to the coast.

There is the option of taking the coast road, but its not as attractive as it appears on paper, and I am very dubious of Googlemaps suggestion that it takes only a few n minutes longer. Be guided on that by your tour operator.

At about 70-80 minutes, driving time to Girona is much the same as to Tossa

I think probably Tossa is your best bet, because it's very different to Barca.

Much the same attitude as FinelyRetired.

JB

JB

Next time you fly into Girona, if time permits, you might enjoy a walk through the historic quarter. I think you'd like it. Interesting mix of Roman, Arabic, Hebrew and other influences. Usual narrow streets, etc. but the mix of stairways , arches, angles, plantings, views etc. make it most enjoyable.

Martha

JB

Next time you fly into Girona, if time permits, you might enjoy a walk through the historic quarter. I think you'd like it. Interesting mix of Roman, Arabic, Hebrew and other influences. Usual narrow streets, etc. but the mix of stairways , arches, angles, plantings, views etc. make it most enjoyable.

Martha

Thanks for the prod, Martha - I'll try to do just that next time

JB

foxesden1 and FinelyRetired,

What tour companies are you using / did you use? What did they charge? I am looking for a 6- to 8-hour excursion for two people in and/or in the vicinity of Barcelona. I haven't had much luck and what I have found has been astronomically expensive.

Archived