Any Arkansas Cruisers??

brcris75

Glad to hear from you!! One of my sons friends lives in Conway. Small world! Anything you can share about the Sensation would be great. There are a lot of mixed reviews on here! What others have you been on? We did the Mardis Gras back in '87 (anyone even remember her?!), then did RCL's Nordic Empress in '97, Holiday in Oct. '02, Conquest in Dec. '03. We wanted to go on the Conquest again this time but DH had taken off from work for 3 months to be here with his DM who passed away a few days before Christmas. Needless to say, he figured he'd better not ask off for a week off to cruise this soon! So, we opted for a 4 day. I'll take anything I can!

Me, Me.

Judycruiser from Little Rock. Been cruising for 30 years. Husband and I leave on my 78th cruise on February 12--8 days on the RCCL Jewel of the Seas.

Then, we go on a 12-day cruise to the British Isles in June--again on the Jewel of the Seas.

Guess I'm addicted big time.

I have not been on the Sensation but would love to do so. Just wish it was a 7 day cruise.

Judy

Gosh, what all can I say about the Sensation...I'm not one to really be a good critic because I just love being on a ship. I'm biased positively about cruising. I really enjoyed my time in the two ports we visited, Calica & Cozumel.

While in Calica, we visited the Tulum ruins and then went to Playa del Carmen to shop and eat at Carlos 'n Charlies. Some friends did the jeep tour and cavern snorkeling which they really enjoyed and would do again.

While in Cozumel, we visited Paradise Beach (AWESOME! great prices!--drinks and food were great, some parasailed, some rode the banana boat, laid on the beach, etc.), shopped and ate at Senor Frogs. This was my 2nd time in Cozumel. I was there on the Holiday in Feb 2004 and took the ship's catamaran sail, snorkel & beach break excursion which I HIGHLY recommend.

We all enjoyed the food. LOVED the pizza! I didn't try the deli, but wish I had. We enjoyed the disco and Michaelangelo's (more classic dance rock songs) for dancing. The games/contests/activities on deck were fun during the at-sea days. Toured the spa which seemed exceptional. My uncle really enjoyed the Touch of Class piano bar in the evenings.

Down sides....well, let's see...our bathroom did have that "sewage" smell some have mentioned, but I've read some later posts that never smelled it. It wasn't anything that bothered me though. New Orleans port was a major hassle! We parked there (drove in from Arkansas.) We were one of the last called to debark and had to stand outside with bags for over an hour waiting on a shuttle.

As far as other ships I've been on, just the Holiday I mentioned and then I had been on the Imagination out of Miami in late 2003. Absolutely love them all! I'm booked on the Conquest in October and it can not get here fast enough!

Our group of 25 were on the Conquest in July 2003. There are 70 of us booked on the Sensation in July 2005. We can't wait. How am I ever going to schedule 70 people to do different shore excursions?????

Our daughter also lives in Conway and attends UCA. Great school!

Our daughter also lives in Conway and attends UCA. Great school!

tkce620,

Welcome! The Conquest is a great ship. Can't wait until we can go again. Hopefully this fall or at least by early spring. A group of 70! That's great. Would be so much fun.

You said your daughter lives in Conway. Where do you live?

Archived