In General, what has been your experience???????

With the first cruise out of a homeport after the ship has arrived from a transAtlantic crossing?

Every departure will be different , so looking for general info. For Example, when Voayge got back to Galveston this past year, embarkation was a nightmare due to Coast Guard inspection and Customs/Immigration slow downs.

So, I ask....what has been your experience???

A couple of years ago we were on the first cruise of the Navigator out FLL after she had crossed the Atlantic. We were delayed in boarding due to a Coast Guard inspection plus the fact that all crew members had to go through immigration and there was crew leaving and new crew coming on board. Not a fun day at all. I will never do it again. Add to that a port that had old small buildings that could not handle the large crowds.

You must be referring to the ill-fated December 13, fogged-in-for-2-days on Voyager. We were to sail that day, and yes, it was a nightmare getting on the ship. We heard a lot of different reasons for the delays and I understand that they cannot board the ship until everyone else departs.

We will never do a first sailing after a repositioning cruise again.

We do have the Voyager booked for their second week back though.

Archived