Royal Caribbean Airfare

DestinFlGirl

Info

Going from where to where.

They certainly don't give you the best flights, in my opinion. The one time I had to use them, it was a connecting flight thru Atlanta on Delta on the way to San Juan and then a connecting flight back thru Pittsburgh thru usairways.

Can you book the flights yourslef and save money? Most times the amoount saved will let you fly in the day before, which is much less stressful anyou get on the ship not being exhausted from getting up early to make the flights,, etc,

I had RCCL book my air fare from Boston to San Juan and they used USAir.

Times are just right for me and its a direct flight. Price was right too. Do some homework and get some prices from the airline direct, then ask RCCL what they would charge. I did save a few $$ going through RCCL.

We booked air for 15 through the RCCL. American Airlines was used from NYC roundtrip to Orlando. US Air was used roundtrip from Phila to Orlando. US Air was used from Scranton PA to Orlando and Delta was used for the return trip. One of the people taking the direct flight from NYC to Orlando was missing a piece of luggage when they arrived in Orlando. Because we booked the air through the cruiseline, the cruiseline gave her vouchers to buy formal wear, bathing suit, whatever she needed on board the ship. Her luggage caught up with her halfway through the cruise.

We booked air for 15 through the RCCL. American Airlines was used from NYC roundtrip to Orlando. US Air was used roundtrip from Phila to Orlando. US Air was used from Scranton PA to Orlando and Delta was used for the return trip. One of the people taking the direct flight from NYC to Orlando was missing a piece of luggage when they arrived in Orlando. Because we booked the air through the cruiseline, the cruiseline gave her vouchers to buy formal wear, bathing suit, whatever she needed on board the ship. Her luggage caught up with her halfway through the cruise.

I have ahd bad experiences booking my air though the cruise lines...a charter...two connections...all going from NY to San Juan... I now do my own Jet Blue

• 2 weeks later...

I've also had bad experiences booking my air thru royalcaribbean. they booked us on delta from st louis to miami with a layover in atlanta. The flight was okay but the transfers were a nightmare. The transfer pickup location at the miami airport was a booth that we had to stand at and try to find our shuttle. The guy who worked it was not present for about an hour, when we got the shuttle about two hours later our driver had never seen the passes and only worked on the job for one day. He didn't know miami and couldn't find our hotel. Our plane landed at 4 and we finally got to our hotel at about 8 that evening. I will never use the ships air again, it was overpriced and did not explain anything on what you were supposed to do or where to go. Its cheaper and easier to do it on your own IMHO

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all of your input... I have decided to go down a day early to avoid any problems... hopefully!!! They have us flying from Pensacola, Fl -> Fort Lauderdale.. spend the night there and when I booked the hotel through them pre-cruise they said it included transfers when I picked Embassey Suites.

Thanks for all of your input... I have decided to go down a day early to avoid any problems... hopefully!!! They have us flying from Pensacola, Fl -> Fort Lauderdale.. spend the night there and when I booked the hotel through them pre-cruise they said it included transfers when I picked Embassey Suites.

We have used RCCL for air several times and never had a problem---except now. We're going on a Transatlantic cruise in May which leaves out of Ft Lauderdale. We are scheduled to fly from Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale and then fly home from England. I found out yesterday that RCCL booked us on a 6am flight out of Orlando. I live about 90 minutes from the airport. Anyway, we get into Ft. Lauderdale at 7am. We can't transfer to the pier until 10am and board the ship sometime after noon. Make sense? So, the TA asked to change it, and was told they are all sold out for later flights. I booked this last September. So, I suggested going to Miami and take the shuttle from there. No luck. Needless to say, if we have to take these flights, we'll never use RCCL air again.

Oh, they used Delta each time we booked through them.

Mary

Archived