I Don't want Shrek

If you keep telling his customers to leave and that he really doesn't care maybe he will provide a post here.:rolleyes:

Seriously, are you like his right hand man or something? Do you have a direct line to Mr. Goldstein? Tell ya what - you get Adam to address me personally and tell me to stop telling whiners to cruise elsewhere and I'll stop.

I'm waiting........

Seriously, let's assume with all the people posting multiple times on here that there are 100 who are upset about this change. Out of the thousands that cruise with RCI every day, nobody at headquarters is looking at manifests saying "why hasn't Ocean Boy sailed with us recently? We should call him up and find out." The most you're going to get is some mass produced postcard or email set to go out when you haven't been on a cruise in a year so, with your name and C&A number being the ONLY unique parts of the message.

If the character meals are held during one of the traditional dining times pax may be impacted by it all.

I'm not interested in listening to screaming kids or boisterous adults dressed as cartoon characters while trying to eat my meal.:rolleyes:

If activities are relegated to AO...no problem. If they have special ice shows involving the characters..no problem..those can be avoided as well.

Just don't disturb my dinner hour with that kind of nonsense.:mad:

Guess RCCL will follow with harmonica or pan flute rentals. Carnival being cost conscious will compete with the doot tew doot (cardboard left after toilet paper has been used up)

OMG, I thought our family was the only one who called it that!

And then there's the MEGA doot de doot: the roll from the Christmas wrap!

OMG, I thought our family was the only one who called it that!

And then there's the MEGA doot de doot: the roll from the Christmas wrap!

I can remember calling "dibs" when the paper would get low on the roll...those "toot toots" as we called em were prime goods....we would decorate the darned things..glue stuff on them and parade around the house and drive my mother crazy.:rolleyes:

First of all, I love mascots--the one as the school I work for is pretty well known--but that Fun Ship Freddy scared the you-know-what out of me!!! :)

But looking over your list of what we're dealing with, I don't think that's really going to impact my cruise that much since I don't have kids. I have no reason to go to Adventure Ocean. I assume that the Compass will list the "opportunities for character interaction" and character meals in the MDR. If I don't want to go to them, I'll know when and where not to go, right? I have not been to one ice show, and as far as I know, that's a space you have to actively seek out, so that won't bother me.

Seems like much ado about not much.

Can I ask you why you have never gone to even one ice show? In my opinion they are a lot better than most of the production shows that I have seen on RCI.

I just hope they don't forget the singles and grandparents.....sort of been there done that....looking for some quiet time. When I take my grandkids on a cruise, they have in the past stayed contained in adventure ocean....now...does that mean they are going to roam the ship with animals? I can't pass judgment until I actually experience it! Crossing my fingers that those without children ...will not choose to go elsewhere.

Seriously, are you like his right hand man or something? Do you have a direct line to Mr. Goldstein? Tell ya what - you get Adam to address me personally and tell me to stop telling whiners to cruise elsewhere and I'll stop.

I'm waiting........

Seriously, let's assume with all the people posting multiple times on here that there are 100 who are upset about this change. Out of the thousands that cruise with RCI every day, nobody at headquarters is looking at manifests saying "why hasn't Ocean Boy sailed with us recently? We should call him up and find out." The most you're going to get is some mass produced postcard or email set to go out when you haven't been on a cruise in a year so, with your name and C&A number being the ONLY unique parts of the message.

Tell people whatever you want for as long as you want. It is really not any big impact to me.

As for the rest, trust me when I say that I am well aware that as individuals most custiomers are nothing more to RCI than a C&A number that, most importantly, happens to own a credit card.

I just pulled a neck muscle trying to follow all the tangents this thread has taken.

From what I have read so far about Shrek, unless you seek him or his friends out, odds are you will barely notice he is there on your cruise. Now, compare this to the dressed up pirates, Aztec warriors, Mayan Princesses, etc that try and get your picture as you exit the ship at each port. That is much more in your face, yet they seem not to ruin anyone's cruise.

Can I ask you why you have never gone to even one ice show? In my opinion they are a lot better than most of the production shows that I have seen on RCI.

That is a good question. We don't really cruise for the shows or entertainment stuff, and we rarely even go on excursions, so that stuff doesn't matter. BF isn't big on that stuff, and if I had wanted to see an ice skating show, we would have, but it just really doesn't interest me. I wouldn't see it on land, so I don't think I'd see it on a ship. To us, cruising is our time to relax, and we know what we're going to get; we don't have to worry about planning or anything. I know we're in the minority, but it works for us. :)

This would be my worst nightmare! I have grandkids and I love them dearly.... my own. Not everyone else's. :eek:

Come on people!!! Do you think that you HAVE to attend the sail away party???? These people are at this party because they want to be there. There are plenty of other people on the ship doing other things like relaxing at Disney Vista Spa!

I'm actually very glad that RCL decided to go in this direction. My family had a cruise booked on DCL's Dream for next June but we have just decided to change over to RCL's FOTS. We can get a 7 nighter for $1,000 less that the 5 nighter we have booked on DCL. We can't wait!!!! Our girls are 7 and 14 so RCL should be the best of both worlds for our family!!! Great move RCL!!!!!

Come on people!!! Do you think that you HAVE to attend the sail away party???? These people are at this party because they want to be there. There are plenty of other people on the ship doing other things like relaxing at Disney Vista Spa!

I'm actually very glad that RCL decided to go in this direction. My family had a cruise booked on DCL's Dream for next June but we have just decided to change over to RCL's FOTS. We can get a 7 nighter for $1,000 less that the 5 nighter we have booked on DCL. We can't wait!!!! Our girls are 7 and 14 so RCL should be the best of both worlds for our family!!! Great move RCL!!!!!

First of all, no people don't need to be at the sailaway..that is a choice.

If they parade characters during my dinner hour and I have to deal with loud music..bouncing characters and screaming kids then I will be irate. Don't foist that stuff on me when I am trying to enjoy my adult dinner in the Mdr.

And wouldn't it be wiser to wait and see of Freedom has the characters before you change your plans? Everything doesn't always roll out according to plan. Those characters may not be on the FOS by June and your kiddies will be heartbroken.:(

First of all, no people don't need to be at the sailaway..that is a choice.

If they parade characters during my dinner hour and I have to deal with loud music..bouncing characters and screaming kids then I will be irate. Don't foist that stuff on me when I am trying to enjoy my adult dinner in the Mdr.

And wouldn't it be wiser to wait and see of Freedom has the characters before you change your plans? Everything doesn't always roll out according to plan. Those characters may not be on the FOS by June and your kiddies will be heartbroken.:(

First of all, NO! I do not need to wait to see if Freedom has any characters, as Shrek does not MAKE (or break) our whole cruising experience. WE have decided to change to RCL because we were originally concerned that RCL would not be as family friendly as our DCL cruises were in the past. Obviously they are headed in a more family friendly direction and that is why we have decided to change to RCL. So what if Shrek does or doesn't make an appearance, WHO CARES????? Obviously they are making changes to compete for my family dollars and it is working!!!!! My children are a little older and an RCL cruise (with or without Shrek) just makes more sense for us, especially with the new changes that are going to take place....Oh, and believe me, I have raised my kids to appreciate the things that they get in life... They would NEVER be heart broken if a character didn't show up. They are going on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean for Pete’s sake, doing the things that I only dreamed about doing at their age. They will be happy because they're on vacation. My "babies" wouldn’t whine or cry or throw a temper tantrum about Shrek being (or not being) on a cruise ship. I raised them better than that!!!!!!!!:cool:

First of all, NO! I do not need to wait to see if Freedom has any characters, as Shrek does not MAKE (or break) our whole cruising experience. WE have decided to change to RCL because we were originally concerned that RCL would not be as family friendly as our DCL cruises were in the past. Obviously they are headed in a more family friendly direction and that is why we have decided to change to RCL. So what if Shrek does or doesn't make an appearance, WHO CARES????? Obviously they are making changes to compete for my family dollars and it is working!!!!! My children are a little older and an RCL cruise (with or without Shrek) just makes more sense for us, especially with the new changes that are going to take place....Oh, and believe me, I have raised my kids to appreciate the things that they get in life... They would NEVER be heart broken if a character didn't show up. They are going on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean for Pete’s sake, doing the things that I only dreamed about doing at their age. They will be happy because they're on vacation. My "babies" wouldn’t whine or cry or throw a temper tantrum about Shrek being (or not being) on a cruise ship. I raised them better than that!!!!!!!!:cool:

Sorry I read your post "I'm actually very glad that RCL decided to go in this direction" and thought you meant the characters they have just said they are introducing. They have always had "family" activities and thought the new addition and the new "direction" they were going in was the deal maker for your change in cruiselines.

Glad your "babies" won't throw any temper tantrums while onboard.:)

Right from the TURRET to the TERLET ... huh DocJ!

Maybe we shouldn't be worried about Shrek et al ... but the strange ... sewage/odorous smell some have been reporting that they are smelling coming from their toilets, sinks (even in public areas) on the OASIS os.

With no more info that this ... time to make a Judgement (that's what we do around here ... and by here I mean AMERICA)

choices of who is to blame for the smell:

A. RCL ... even though they own and run the ship ... and gang of lawyers are awaiting you to choose "A" ... so they can expain to you that it would be impossible for RCL to be at fault for anything. If you would still insist on choosing "A" ... then obviously your a CC member with well over 2,000 posts, and will soon be on a HAL cruise near you.

B. The Passengers who smell it. What's the saying, "He who smelt it, dealt it" ... my dear, your theory that your #$%@ doesn't stink is not correct ...

C. Shrek ... could it be that somehow Shrek is to blame ... keep reading this thread and you'll see someone trying to pin it on him. I mean he's already single handedly ruined an entire industry be just planning to set foot on a RCL ship ... so stay tuned.

Or we could blame George Bush....isn't he to blame for everything? :D:D:D

OK, please no political comebacks.....just couldn't resist......sorry......

I don't have kids and I'm looking forward to seeing cartoon characters aboard RC ships :D

I feel bad when people complain about things like this, or kids on board or anything like that. Can something like this really affect your vacation negatively? You must be seriously old :confused:

Is seriously old the opposite of seriously JUVENILE :rolleyes:

When were the "Adventure Ocean" programs implemented? What kind of reaction did they receive?

I can just imagine the reaction from all those kid hating old fogies. "Well....Royal Carribean is going to hell....last time we ever cruise RCL...it use to be...blah blah blah....Oh! That is what I just read about Shrek introduction. Sometimes it all blends together. Nevermind...:o

When were the "Adventure Ocean" programs implemented? What kind of reaction did they receive?

I would think they were warmly received by everyone.

It kept kids who might otherwise be bored and raising he@@ occupied and gave parents free time to enjoy adult activities.

AO participants are kept busy in their own area of the ship and I have never been disturbed during dinner by an AO activity.

A "win..win" for all involved.

I see that RCL WILL address all of your concerns about the characters aboard.

They will still add them ... and go ahead will what ever evil scheme they are planning to empty our bank accounts.

But they will have 2 options for those who hate the Dreamworks characters.

1. Avoidance: do I need to elaborate on this? Thought not.

2. AN EFFIGY PARADE (no kids allowed - not for those easily disgusted by burning flesh)

That's right ... a new parade just for those that HATE Sherk et al. Just complain about Shrek on these boards (and since RCL reads these like scripture) ... you'll be assured that an invite awaits in your cabin upon arrival on the RCL ship of choice.

Come see a real fire show ... D and D+ members will be given FREE MOLATOFF COCKTAILS and unlimited rotten tomatoes. Burn your most hated Dreamworks Character in EFFIGY AT SEA! I know, I know ... for some of you this is a True DREAM come true.

In addition: If this proves as popular as some would have us to think in this thread ... they will expand the EFFIGY PARADE ... FLEETWIDE ... even if the ship does have CHARACTERS for the Kids Program. Your Welcome.

Sorry I read your post "I'm actually very glad that RCL decided to go in this direction" and thought you meant the characters they have just said they are introducing. They have always had "family" activities and thought the new addition and the new "direction" they were going in was the deal maker for your change in cruiselines.

Glad your "babies" won't throw any temper tantrums while onboard.:)

Nowhere in my original post did I mention a word about the characters....RCL is adding activities other than Shrek you know. I would never be inclined to pay thousands of dollars to spend a week simply to see Shrek or even Donkey for that matter..... Hopefully FOTS will get a few of the other activities that they are adding to the Allure. Even if they don't, my family will have a "magical" vacation!!!!

3-D Movie Theater

• First-run DreamWorks films onboard

• A one-of-a-kind AquaTheater show

• A unique ice show featuring characters from How to Train Your DragonTM

• Surprise and delight moments

Nowhere in my original post did I mention a word about the characters....RCL is adding activities other than Shrek you know. I would never be inclined to pay thousands of dollars to spend a week simply to see Shrek or even Donkey for that matter.....

No I didn't know they were adding more activities.

What are they?

Archived