I Don't want Shrek

Did I not read on this thread or one of the others, (you have posted so many times how you were leaving Royal Caribbean) that we could find you on the Celebrity board. What happened?

Aww.. does it bother you that much that I post here? After all, I am STILL cruising with RCCL in August! :D:D

I went to the supermarket today and they had shrek in the frozen food section, cerial section canned good sections. I am a serious shopper and I do not want to have this character in my view when I go about my shopping. I gathered my family in a huddle this afternoon and we agreed we will no longer go to the supermarket as the Shrek character offends us. We instead will do our shopping at the local convenience store. Just like the old days when the supermarket did not exist. I hope others follow along with me so we can teach this supermarket a lesson and maybe they will remove this offensive character. And thats about all I have to say about that.

We are Diamond with RCL and always enjoyed crusing with them.

As someone mentioned already it's not about seeing cartoon characters while cruising. It's about the image RCL creates.

Let's see..

RCL - Shrek and Donkey

Norwegian Epic - The Blue Man Group, Cirque de Solei, improv troupe The Second City......

To us the choice was obvious. We are going on B2B on Epic. "Why Not?", right?:D

That damn donkey better not be relieving himself on the promenade! All I need is to be eating a ben and jerry's and step in donkey crap. And if that shrek tries to steal my deck chair it's going to be Ogre overboard.

As someone mentioned already it's not about seeing cartoon characters while cruising. It's about the image RCL creates.

Let's see..

RCL - Shrek and Donkey

Norwegian Epic - The Blue Man Group, Cirque de Solei, improv troupe The Second City......

Have you tasted the food lately on NCL?

Hum... I don't know many 90 year olds who would do this on their next cruise:

I've done that too and I'm over 60. :D BTW - I never book any excursions through the ship because the possibilities are endless and I don't want my excursions "sissyfied".

Let's see..

RCL - Shrek and Donkey

Aqua Theater, Hairspray, Ice show.

RCL - Shrek and Donkey

Ummm....Are you not aware Oasis has Hairspray? Are you not aware Allure, the first ship that will have Shrek, will have Chicago? Are you not aware of the wildly popular ice shows, or the Aqua Theater shows? Are you not aware Oasis Class also has a dedicated comedy club?

...or are you just intentionally ignoring these details to support your NCL choice?

Oh yea, and here's two words for you concerning your Epic cruise.....Sponge Bob.

So RCI builds 2 great innovating ships that I have heard are a "destination in themselves" and that is still not enough? I mean zip lines, aqua theater, thats still not enough? They have to add "characters" on board? If they are really hurting in the entertainment department, too bad they couldn't add like Cirque de Solei instead of Shrek. Do people really want to watch the movie "Shrek" on their vacation when they could easily do that from home? Me personally I like to do things on vacation that is just a little different from typical boring home life.

I got my Regent brochure in the mail today! It is looking better and better... I will have to up the $$ put in the vacation fund!

Ohboy, once you are on their mailing list you'll never be lonely again. If they wouldn't do so many mailings, they could offer RCI prices. :p

Let's see..

RCL - Shrek and Donkey

Hate to burst your bubble but NCL signed a deal first with Nickalodean, Dora the Explorer, spongebob etc to be featured on every Epic cruise.

So RCI builds 2 great innovating ships that I have heard are a "destination in themselves" and that is still not enough? They have to add "characters" on board? If they are really hurting in the entertainment department, too bad they couldn't add like Cirque de Solei instead of Shrek. Do people really want to watch the movie "Shrek" on their vacation when they could easily do that from home? Me personally I like to do things on vacation that is just a little different from typical boring home life.

I just hope the Epic doesn't fall over, she looks a lil top heavy!

Ummm....Are you not aware Oasis has Hairspray? Are you not aware Allure, the first ship that will have Shrek, will have Chicago? Are you not aware of the wildly popular ice shows, or the Aqua Theater shows? Are you not aware Oasis Class also has a dedicated comedy club?

...or are you just intentionally ignoring these details to support your NCL choice?

Well said.

Hate to burst your bubble but NCL signed a deal first with Nickalodean, Dora the Explorer, spongebob etc to be featured on every Epic cruise.

As Larry the Cable Guy said, I don't care who you are, thats funny. Sponge bob, LMAO

What about NIC at Sea and the DREADED SPONGEBOB squarepants they have bouncing about? Isn't NCL guilty of the same sins as RCL? They just don't have a Royal PROM to parade his stinky square down the center aisle.

What about NIC at Sea and the DREADED SPONGEBOB squarepants they have bouncing about? Isn't NCL guilty of the same sins as RCL? They just don't have a Royal PROM to parade his stinky square down the center aisle.

Everybody knows that Spongebob is much classier than Shrek.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this or not but...If you will notice they are only bringing it out on one ship to begin with believe me if it doesn't go over well it will be gone. I've noticed these cruise lines come out with these things and they sometimes disappear just as fast. Cirque disappeared from the Celebrity ships just to mention one. And as I recall there was something going around about Adventure Ocean coming into the dining rooms to retrieve children, did that ever happen?

LOL I don't have to justify our choice to anyone as long as we are paying for it. I know about all the options on Oasis, etc. and I enjoyed many of them tremendously.

The first reaction when we got an e-mail about new entertainment (like many others we talked to) was " RCL wants to become like Disney line" .

As I said before it's about image that cruiseline creates for new and repeat customers. Honestly...Just imagine being a new cruiser... what would you think if you see the announcement about Shrek and Donkey? You would think that this cruiseline caters to families and children first .

Lately with the "Why Not?" marketing disaster RCL's overall image is changing. IMHO not for the better.

The first reaction when we got an e-mail about new entertainment (like many others we talked to) was " RCL wants to become like Disney line".

I think the point being made by some is that others could just as easily say that "RCL want to become like NCL" with their association with Nickelodeon. You seemed to be drawing a distinction between NCL and RCI, when in fact, NCL went down this road before Royal Caribbean did.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this or not but...If you will notice they are only bringing it out on one ship to begin with believe me if it doesn't go over well it will be gone. I've noticed these cruise lines come out with these things and they sometimes disappear just as fast. Cirque disappeared from the Celebrity ships just to mention one. And as I recall there was something going around about Adventure Ocean coming into the dining rooms to retrieve children, did that ever happen?

Well no that's not true, Shrek will coming out on 4 ships with Liberty and Freedom going into dry dock early 2011. Not sure when they will add this to Oasis? Also on Adam's blog he said this "We brought the costume characters on Oasis of the Seas for a trial run and were amazed at the excitement from guests of all ages as well as the crew." So I doubt that he will just all of a sudden change his mind and kick Shrek and Donkey off in the middle of their Dreamworks contract.

Plus the really scary part about this whole thing, is I think we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg here when Adam says "We don’t see limits to what we can achieve together.":eek: What does that mean? All I'm saying is be prepared to be IMMERSED in Shrek stuff.

How do you know what is in Adam Goldsteins's head and who made you his spokes person? I am quite sure that he would prefer to attract new customers and keep the ones that he already has.

If someone were telling patrons of my business to go somewhere else the first thing I would try to do is get rid of the loud mouth telling them to go elsewhere.

Sorry Adam, didn't realize you actually posted here. :rolleyes:

Archived