Galapagos - Nina or Athala II -- anyone?

bbwex

Am starting to plan a trip to the Galapagos. In looking around on a site dedicated to the area, I found the two catamarans -- Nina and Athala II. Has anyone ever sailed on either or have any information?

My husband and I did the 8 day Galapagos cruise on the Athala II in 2008.

The scenery and the animal encounters were fantastic.

As to the boat - we seemed to have the B crew, they didnt speak that much english, or appeared not to, the meals could have been better, but the boat was clean. The guide we had ( and she was great ) was not the regular guide for the boat.

Any specific questions ? I will try and help

Ann

• 3 weeks later...
This looks pretty cool and the fare on National Geographic Endeavour, I thought, was less than expected. Deals are also being offered on air fare.

http://www.nationalgeographicexpeditions.com/expeditions/galapagos/detail

:cool:

We went with Lindblad (now paired up with National Geographic) and wouldn't consider going with any other organization. They are the best. They attract the top Naturalists, (Carlos,pictured in the above website, was one of our Guides!), have the best locations for their ships and provide an outstanding experience! Check them out. :)

• 3 weeks later...
We went with Lindblad (now paired up with National Geographic) and wouldn't consider going with any other organization. They are the best. They attract the top Naturalists, (Carlos,pictured in the above website, was one of our Guides!), have the best locations for their ships and provide an outstanding experience! Check them out. :)

Now THAT's a cruise. It's definitely on our radar. Thanks.

Archived