How much is a RCI Photo CD

I did a search of this and came up with $299 for the cd. But I'm going on a family cruise and I know they take a photo of you boarding. Photo of you at the port of call. Photo of you on formal night ( in your best Shorts and Flip Flops) But do they take photo's before every dinner, during the day walking around, does it have to be a group shot or different family members posing with the same background? Will it be on the same CD? And is the price still $299. How much are just photo's each? Is their a limit of how many pics. they put on a cd?

Thank You for your time and help :o

the amount of photos varies on your family.. my family has so many ccruise photos we often pass on taking them.. but if you want you can take lots of photos..boarding... one at everyport..formal night.. sometimes the other nights have photos outside MDR.. activies such as 70's dance party, flowrider.. in the MDR a few nights.. there is plenty of options but all optional... and it is a lot of your decision if there group shots or singles or pairs.. this could work out for others but ill pass on it

I didn't know of Photo CD, but I do know about how much pictures cost. boarding,port photos are 16.95 each if you buy 3 you get one free. formal night 19.95 each. buy two get hardcover frame free w/ choose of picture background. I spent over 100.00 on boarding, departing at cococay, Nassu and "free style" pics. it's worth it.

Activity CD (bellyflop, entertainement, ice scruptures) 29.95.

I hope this helps some. ;)

Just got off the Freedom on May 30. The cost of the CD is $299 & covers the cost of ALL pictures that they take during the cruise. They encourage you to get alot of pictures made. Since it was just my husband & myself no problem with the "settings" (where, when, what) I imagine if you are a group of people together, you will need to be at the photo op together, they do take group shots, couple shots, individual shots all at the same time, I observed this. All of these would be on the same CD, you just need to come together to the particular setting. The photographers appear to take whatever you want them to do (as to how many shots of different people in your group.)Hope I didn't confuse the question!;)

I'm not sure that it really includes ALL pictures taken during the cruise. It must be associated with a particular SeaPass card. If they don't swipe your SeaPass card when taking the picture, then it won't necessarily be on the CD.

The formal poses require a SeaPass card, but the photographers who roam the dining room, for example, usually do not. I'm not sure if you can request for the photographers to scan your SeaPass card on those more "candid" photos or not. I've never tried. But my understanding is that the pictures that show up on your CD would be the same ones that would show up on the little preview screens in the photo shop, when you scan your card.

On Oasis they use facial recognition to automatically add photos to your account. It did not get all of ours (the phones on the coaster on Labadee for example) if you find a photo that is not in your account, you can take it to the staff, they will scan the bar code and add it. They will also do the same thing to remove photos from your account. FYI: The photo CD is more expensive on Oasis. It think it was closer to $350.00.

On Oasis they use facial recognition to automatically add photos to your account. It did not get all of ours (the phones on the coaster on Labadee for example) if you find a photo that is not in your account, you can take it to the staff, they will scan the bar code and add it. They will also do the same thing to remove photos from your account. FYI: The photo CD is more expensive on Oasis. It think it was closer to $350.00.

I agree, it's facial recognition--& they will add a pic. to your account if one is missing. The cost is more on Oasis because it only cost me $299.

They definitely take lots of candid shots around the ship and at ports. My fave picture of DH is one the ship photographer took when he was just sitting on a deck chair reading on Deck 4, his favorite spot.

They were using the facial recognition even a couple years ago on Liberty. It was fun to see all the photos the system found for our group of 11. Not an infallible program, but it did a pretty good job, based just on the photo that is tied to your seapass.

I can't remember how exactly we linked all our accounts/photos, but we were definitely able to do it. I don't think they offered the CD back then, or if they did we did not have enough we wanted to purchase to make it worthwhile, but we did purchase 4 or 5 great pics.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sue

Archived