Hotel help

deejae

I am trying to find a reasonably priced hotel in Rome for 3 nights next May. Right now I am comparing the Hotel Rafaello (thanks to these boards) and the Residenza Domiziano (thanks to a co-worker). Does anyone have any more info on these 2. We want A/C, a private bath and an elevator.

Thanks,

Janet

Raffaello def. had private baths and an elevator, don't know about AC as we were there in winter. We were very happy with it for the price.

I asked specifically for a room with a bathtub as I like to soak my achy limbs at night and they were very accommodating. It was a bit tight with the large tub and the toilet AND bidet, but very clean and the room was in very nice condition. I have stayed in many types of hotels all over the world ranging from Motel 6 to Ritz Carlton, and for the price I think it would be hard to beat.

We also liked that there are a few small stores less than a block away where we picked up wine, bread, prosciutto, etc. to snack on in our room while we relaxed before dinner.

If I had an unlimited budget I would probably choose differently, but we had five lovely days there and don't hesitate to recommend it. Feel free to ask any specific questions!

Cathy

Archived