Pride's Hair hair dryer

DBBJR87

I always take my own on every trip. It's a Sharper Image travel dryer and is as powerful as my larger one at home. I find the ones that are in hotel rooms and cruise cabins aren't very powerful, plus a lot of them you have to hold the button down when you use it.

Unfortunately, Sharper Image is no longer in business.

If you read the list of prohibited items, you will note that hair dryers of over 800 watts are not permitted aboard. You can thank those who carry a steam iron, a coffee maker, a waffle iron and a fry kettle in addition to a mega gaming computer, thirty cell phone chargers, and four curling irons for this. Since the provided dryers are at least as big as those permitted, why drag along such an item?

Doc

I know this might seem like a silly answer but it is the one that I have..LOL

2 weeks ago my hair was down to my waist..it took me forever to blowdry and the ship blowdryer would not have cut it for me when I go in 2 weeks because the last time we went they didn't have much power..however..now my hair is just below my ears..so I will not be taking my own because I can almost towel dry it..I just need a little bit of power to dry it now.

If you read the list of prohibited items, you will note that hair dryers of over 800 watts are not permitted aboard. You can thank those who carry a steam iron, a coffee maker, a waffle iron and a fry kettle in addition to a mega gaming computer, thirty cell phone chargers, and four curling irons for this. Since the provided dryers are at least as big as those permitted, why drag along such an item?

Doc

Because I don't smuggle alcohol onboard so I have PLENTY of room.:D

On the Pride, there is lots of storage space in the bathroom but the outlet in the bath is marked for electric shaver use only.

The hairdryer is built into in the vanity and has is own special home, designed to fit it and is out of the way of most other things. It is plugged into some hidden power source inside the vanity cabinet.

If you bring your own, the outlet in the room is convenient since it is at desktop level on the vanity under the mirror. There is not alot of "drawer space" in the rooms. At least half of the space for small items is in the bathroom.

I can't speak to how "powerful" the built-in hair dryer is or whether you have to constantly hold the button; I don't really use a hair dryer.

We always stay in a suite (old Cat 11, or currently OS) and have a dressing area and vanity just outside the bathroom with an outlet so no problem with plugging it in.

I always bring a hair dryer, and my flat iron, on board. Neither have been confiscated, and I don't like the amount of heat that the ones Carnival supplies throws off.

That plus I don't like holding down the buttons in order for them to work.

Archived