11:50am Too early for flight?

I just noticed that Continental (for the second time, without any notification) has changed our flight time from Puerto Rico after our April AOS cruise. Is a 11:50am departure too early? I know there is always a risk of immigration delays, but I just want to make sure there is a decent chance we will make it.

Everyone must double check their flights...

The same thing happened to us for our past October cruise..American cancelled our flight and put us on a 9:00AM flight our of SJ. Imaging trying to make that one? Our original flight was 12:30, which we had before and made it without any problems. The thing is, is that each and every cruise debartation is different. You just never know. You may want to change it for peace of mind. If you do keep it, make sure you take a cab to the airport, do not wait for the RCI transfer bus....

Things to do to make sure you make the flight.

1. Try and get an early color to get off, take to you cabin attn.

2. Be ready at the door when they call your color don't be sitting up at the top deck.

3. Take a cab, it you wait for the transfer bus that could cause bis delay

On our last two cruises I've seen luggage tags put out at the pursers desk the night before disembarkation. I'm not sure if this is standard opperating procedure on all ships.

Last cruise we had an early flight out of LAX and I was concerned about getting off the ship early enough. We were given turquoise tags. I went to the pursers desk to ask them about making our flight and they told us it wouldn't be a problem but, just in case they gave us blue tags. I asked about getting either the white or orange tags but they assured me we'd have plenty of time using the blue tags. They were correct. We arrived at LAX with an extra hour of time to sit at the gate and stare at each other.

In case your wondering about what order the colors are called, it will be in the paper work you recieve for disembarkation. That way you don't have to wait with the huge crowds on the main deck for disembarkation. When you hear the colors being called getting close to your color, just start working your way towards the disembarkation deck and you'll be fine.

In case you're wondering, the only color order I can remember for certain from our last cruise was White, Orange, Blue. I think the next color after blue is turquoise. If we had remained with the original color given us by the cruise line, we wouldn't have had to sit in LAX killing time for so long.

Contrary to popular opinion, RCI really does know what it's doing in getting people to their flights on time if they have all the information. Follow the instructions given to you and I'm sure you'll be all right.

Archived