How to Not Flood the Bathroom When Showering?

Quampapetet

There is a shower in the bathroom?

Just kidding,

It has not been a problem, but do spread out the towel to step on before and it ubsorbs alot.

If you really want them to find the problem, leave the shower on, shut the door, and wait for the room steward to find the problem when he opens the door, after a few hours the water should be a few feet deep.

The Victory was one time that it absolutely did not flood. We did not have hot water in our room 5 of the 7 days:eek:.

Oh my!! :eek: That would not have been fun. I know on the Glory at least one of my friends' rooms didn't have any hot water for the first two days of the cruise, but your five days is even longer! I didn't have hot water at a certain time of night the first few days (during a time I needed warm water - had to call room service for a pot of hot water). And on the evening of the last day the Lido had no water whatsoever (some of my friends went to get lemonade and all they got was the syrup - yuck!).

So it's not just me. I don't flail and the shower curtain is tight against the wall. I have been on 10 Carnival cruises and at least 3 different cruises the bathroom would flood. The Victory was one time that it absolutely did not flood. We did not have hot water in our room 5 of the 7 days:eek:.

What did you do about this? Better yet what did Carnival do about this? I would have freaked out! as previously mentioned I now run the shower when I 1st get to my cabin (as part of my pre-unpacking checklist :D)....to make sure I have hot water - as I once found out the hard way - about 1 hr before dinner on the 1st night - that no hot water available. (after letting it run and run....).

Called purser's desk explaining my problem - said they would send someone right away..... 15 mins later - called again - finally a 'plumbing' man showed up - 1st tried to convince me the water had to run a while - really???:rolleyes: Told him I tried that - but he insisted on doing it again - 5 mins later I had to convince him - see no hot water? Now he goes outside the cabin - in the hallway - opens up a secret wall panel - and starts fiddling around in there - comes back in - goes back out - comes back in - goes back out - 20 mins later.....water - not super hot (but I don't like it very hot anyways) - what a panic getting ready for dinner - I was only a few minutes late.

Later that night I return to my cabin - completely exhausted - around 1 am - and the door to my cabin is wide open!!! I carefully go in (I am a female travelling solo and I know I locked my cabin door before heading out) and see a lady purser standing there. She explains there is a plumber in the bathroom fixing the hot water (gee I thought it was fixed?) and someone has to be in the cabin to 'watch' him as he cannot be left alone (guess they don't trust their maintenance people?)....she then says now that you are here I can go now, leaving me in the cabin with the plumber man!!! All I can think about is getting cleaned up and into my jammies and into bed - but no such luck! Mr. plumber man fiddles around for another 15 mins or so and finally leaves.

Oh and the next day another plumber man shows up to fix the hot water!!! (which has already been fixed.....TWICE!).

I am assuming your 5 day ordeal was worst than mine? I guess they didn't offer a cabin switch? Did they ever say what was wrong?

Archived