What was the worst.....

bigboy1955

I can't honestly pick out anything that was really bad. I avoided foods I knew I didn't like and what I did eat was very good. If I had to pick out any dissapointment it might be the breakfast baked goods, despite being baked on board they tasted like something from wal-mart.

I agree about the cupcakes. They look so yummy but just taste like stale shortbread. This was on both of our cruises in the last year or so. Also, the chocolae buffet, everything tasted the same but just in dfferent shapes, LOL! Bland! That said, we loved most of what we were served :)

I agree about the cupcakes. They look so yummy but just taste like stale shortbread. This was on both of our cruises in the last year or so. Also, the chocolae buffet, everything tasted the same but just in dfferent shapes, LOL! Bland! That said, we loved most of what we were served :)

Agree with that--chocolate buffet is not good, just tons of chocolate held together different ways and not in good ways!

Hated the sugar-free pumpkin pie--one bite and yuck!

Hated the weird ice cream--green tea, etc.

Hated the grouper--nasty fishy smelling hunk of fish.

I know food / taste can be subjective… but what was the worst item you have tasted on your cruise

Since we can order as much as we want of whatever we want, why dwell on any one thing not to our own individual liking? Don't like a dish, order something else and forget it.

Post on here that the steaks were overcooked and tough and that might be the exact way the reader adores their steaks.

There is NO doubt in my mind that on any night in the MDR one could mix and match the menu selections enough to make 30 or 40 completely different large or small meals.

Okay - note to self: avoid the god-awful, pumpkin pie, and the cupcakes - even tho they might look yummy!

I also disliked the Seafood newburg (and I love seafood!). Lobster bisque okay - but EXCELLENT in the supper club. Beef is sometimes hit or miss - and the veal parmesan was nothing to write home about. But as mentioned there is plenty to like - so just move on if you find something not to your taste! :D

On my first cruise, many, many years ago I couldn't wait for lobster night. I finally got my lobster and it tasted FOUL. Everyone at my table sent it back. We ended up eating at the Lido deck because we were scared we were going to get food poisoning or something. Very sad day. I LOVE lobster.

I have yet to have a good sugar free dessert - so I quit ordering them.

I have learned that the waitstaff knows what is good - so I just ask. They haven't steered me or DH wrong yet. The indian is one of the best things they serve!

Brownie mix 1/3 cooked! Yuck

Bitter n Blanc is good.

Yes, Bitter n Blanc is my fave, along with Grand Marnier Souffle.

I like the WCMC when it's done right, kind of like the lava cake at Chili's.

And I hate raw cookie dough and raw cake batter, so when it's like that, I send it back. It should be done chocolate cake with a lava in the middle.

And for heaven's sake don't get the Beef Stroganoff! There were no noodles or anything to mitigate that it was nothing but a bowl of

MEAT and gravy.

Even the waiter said, "don't get it", :o

Our waiter on the Liberty last year also warned us away from the Beef Stroganoff. He made a face, and said I would advise you to order anything but that! And I tend to trust their advice.!

I have yet to have a good sugar free dessert - so I quit ordering them.

I have learned that the waitstaff knows what is good - so I just ask. They haven't steered me or DH wrong yet. The indian is one of the best things they serve!

I guess as they say, taste is subjective. I do very much like the sugar free orange cake, lemon cake and coconut cake. I didnt like the sugar free banana cake, as it had an artificial banana flavor, and I had heard that the pumpkin pie was not good, and I dont like pumpkin pie anyway so I didnt order it, but I did like the other three sugar free desserts very much.

However....I have to say, it may have been sugar free, but I dont think the icing was low cal; it tasted much to good to be low cal. :D JMHO

And yes, I do agree that the Indian dishes are excellent!

Archived