If you could do 1 thing on St Maarten, what would it be

cruskitten

Another vote for Bernards Tour.......can't beat the price ($35 for an all day tour) plus you get time at Orient Beach, Maho Beach (he times the tour so you get there as the majority of planes are landing), French and Dutch sides of the island, great narrated tour. Plus you get complimentary cold beer, water or rum punch!!

well, the subject title of your thread was, "If you could do 1 thing on St Maarten, what would it be "

So if i had to pick 1, it would be crossing off one of items off my life's to-do list and going au natural on Orient Beach! No tan lines!

And no, I don't have any sagging/dragging parts. My parts are only 4 decades old :)

Definitely a visit to the Sunset beach bar - right next to Maho.

Get a nice shady spot under an umbrella and order your first Guavaberry colada (and it's pink! my favorite color). Then watch the planes come in - have your camera handy. When hungry order the great hot dog/fries combo (and of course another guavaberry colada) and enjoy.

Best time to go is early afternoon and you might get to see some of the bigger jets come in - AWESOME (go to youtube and do a search on maho I'm sure you'll find lots of great videos).

http://www.bywindkal.com/Files/AircraftHigh.pdf

Have been to Orient Beach twice and loved it both times. You get a bit of a tour of the Dutch and French sides just driving there, although it's not that long of a drive. Just find a cab to get there and make arrangments for them to come back and get you. Or, if you prefer, just wait at the beach for a cab to take you back.

Last time we went we found several others on the pier who were wanting to go so we all got a van and saved a few bucks.

Let me throw in my vote for Dawn beach. Nothing against Orient, but Dawn is a beautiful, quiet place. Rented chairs and umbrella. Bar was twenty five steps away with 75 cent Caribe beers. Cab ride was reasonable.

Where exactly is Dawn Beach? How much was the cab ride? Any other facilities there?

Let me add Baie Rouge (Red Bay) About 5 or 10 minutes off the main road on the French side, but another world. Parked our car and walked a short path to the beach, and for at least a mile in either direction there was not another soul on the beach but us. It is amazing. If you're looking for peace and quiet, this is it. Orient is still prettier, but you won't be alone..

We went to St. Maarten on our honeymoon...must say, Orient Beach is AWESOME! You don't HAVE to get nekkid, but swimming nude in the Caribbean is the best experience EVER! But, beware of the "bun biters"-little almost invisible fish that like to ummm nibble? on your skin!:eek: They kinda tickle:D We are a "more mature" couple, and I am no where near svelte...but, hey, ROUND is a shape too, right???

We also stayed at the Caravaserai, which was right at Maho Beach...way cool to watch the jumbo jets land!

ATV ride with Dusty. It even adds a stop at orient beach for a while. Best way to see the island

Can you give more info on who Dusty is and how to contact him? I'm interested in ATV riding next March in St. Maarten

Thanks

Like skydiving, something to do only once is to stand behind a departing 747 on Maho beach. It is like a brief visit to hell, with the heat, smell and blast of exhaust. Yes, you end up in the water quickly, and can feel the sand for a day or two, but it is an experience unique to St Maarten, as far as I know.

The photo is an airbus 340. Dunno if it is the same or not.

Archived