Question for Bruin Steve

Hi:

We will be in LA but not for a cruise:(

I have to take my DD to Cedars-Sinai (Beverly Hills) and we will be in LA for 6 nights.

I am overwhelmed by hotels.

We are looking at the Best Western on Sunset? Do you have any info on it? It seems to get good reviews and they do offer a hospital rate.

I also am a Marriott Rewards Member but have not found a Marriott property that gets good reviews that is under $200 per night. Also I need to figure the parking fee as well as we will be renting a car?

Any info you could give me would be Greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hi:

We will be in LA but not for a cruise:(

I have to take my DD to Cedars-Sinai (Beverly Hills) and we will be in LA for 6 nights.

I am overwhelmed by hotels.

We are looking at the Best Western on Sunset? Do you have any info on it? It seems to get good reviews and they do offer a hospital rate.

I also am a Marriott Rewards Member but have not found a Marriott property that gets good reviews that is under $200 per night. Also I need to figure the parking fee as well as we will be renting a car?

Any info you could give me would be Greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I take it this is the Best Western Sunset Plaza, correct?

I don't know the hotel particularly well--never stayed there. But I do know that my compadre Curt Jerome Wild--who knows all the LA hotels well--thinks highly of it. The location is very good...it's right on the Sunset Strip and the area is nice (this is West Hollywood, not the seedy part of Hollywood further east). It also puts you about 2 miles from the hospital.

The closest hotel to the hospital (walking distance of about a block) is the Sofitel. Very nice, but you'd be talking about $250+ per night there.

If you have a good rate at the Best Western Sunset Plaza, I would go ahead and stay there.

I hope your daughter is okay. Good luck...

WOW!

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

These boards are so very helpful and I sincerely appreciate your input as well as well wishes.

I am 99% sure I will book the BW as it will be one less thing to worry about.

From the bottom of my heart,

Thank you!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g33252-d81649-Reviews-Best_Western_Sunset_Plaza_Hotel-West_Hollywood_California.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d76083-Reviews-Sofitel_Los_Angeles-Los_Angeles_California.html

Travelers' reviews on Tripadvisor.com give both high approval ratings. Note you can't really compare #__ out of #___ hotels rankings listed, since the BW is in their West Hollywood category and the Sofitel in Los Angeles. You might at least check the Sofitel's hospital rates. The short walk to the hospital could lessen stress (assuming the price difference between the two hotels isn't burdensome). If you have a car with you I'm guessing either one would have high parking fees, but that's likely the least of your problems. I'm sure distance is a factor for you. The only time I used a hospital rate was at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, and my wife had to take a cab to visit me.

(Bruin Steve: I assume you went to UCLA. Me, too.)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g33252-d81649-Reviews-Best_Western_Sunset_Plaza_Hotel-West_Hollywood_California.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d76083-Reviews-Sofitel_Los_Angeles-Los_Angeles_California.html

Travelers' reviews on Tripadvisor.com give both high approval ratings. Note you can't really compare #__ out of #___ hotels rankings listed, since the BW is in their West Hollywood category and the Sofitel in Los Angeles. You might at least check the Sofitel's hospital rates. The short walk to the hospital could lessen stress (assuming the price difference between the two hotels isn't burdensome). If you have a car with you I'm guessing either one would have high parking fees, but that's likely the least of your problems. I'm sure distance is a factor for you. The only time I used a hospital rate was at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, and my wife had to take a cab to visit me.

(Bruin Steve: I assume you went to UCLA. Me, too.)

Thank you very much! We will have a car and looks like "most" properties you do pay to park. We're getting used to that as we have to pay to park in Boston as well when she is treated there.

Thanks for the links, we had looked them over, always nice to get other opinions as well. Seeing this is not just an overnight stay I want her to be comfortable.

Thanks again!

Archived