Items to make cruising easier...share your suggetions.

Sarah@Sea

We use our cell phones they are more accurate than battery powered alarm clocks to wake us up. But as this poster said if you like a 2 inch clock in your room then it would be handy to "just know the time".

On our first cruise, we went by our cell phone's clock. Within the first day both of our cells changed to totally different random times. Needless to say we were late to dinner and a bit confused. Apparently the cell times change, even when not changing time zones? Because of that I think the two inch clock is helpful.

always bring a little notebook (pocket size) so we can leave notes to each other when we leave the room, notes to our room steward, etc....first page is always the location of my parking space in the airport garage!

also the highlighter...great for marking things we want to do on the daily schedule.

always bring an extra (folded) tote bag or two (for the things that just don't fit in the suitcase on the way home!

a flashlight

i don't get the wrinkle releaser stuff...i must be using it wrong because I never was able to make it work!

oh, throw in a handful of thank you cards to write a short note (we add extra tip with the card) to room steward and others we want to say a special thanks to!

Have a great trip!

Beverly

An extra tote bag is a good idea. I could have used one on our last cruise. Instead we ended up doing a lot of squishing. lol

I don't travel without a roll of duct tape. I've used it to pack items, patch jeans, patch a coat the laundry service destroyed (same trip, boy was I pretty), attempt to tape wheels back on luggage, tape luggage shut when it got torn apart (thanks Northwest!), and make better straps for the booze boxes I haul off the ship.

When I feel fancy, I buy a color to match my luggage :D

I have always enjoyed having a battery powered almost real candle to create ambience on the balcony. There's just something relaxing about listening to the water pass by while sitting by candlelight.

A small votive sized flameless candle-I had one that was vanilla scented-I left it on all night in the bathroom-a great nightlight so I didn't have to turn the bathroom light on AND the bathroom had a nice light vanilla smell. :)

I have always enjoyed having a battery powered almost real candle to create ambience on the balcony. There's just something relaxing about listening to the water pass by while sitting by candlelight.

I love this idea!! I might have to take one on our next cruise!! That would make a great night light for the room! :)

I also second the idea of a battery operated light up alarm clock. I can't live w/o mine. Also the take all your OTC meds with you! Don't forget hydrocortisone or topical benadryl. It's great for bug bites!

I take a gallon size ziplock bag full of first aid items. You never know when you'll need band-aids, cortizone, neosporin, immodium, tylenol, aloe vera, gas relief, sinus medication, etc. I've taken it on every trip since we learned how much things can be in the gift shop.

Generate a self-formatted packing list for each family member. I started with a generic list from one of the many sites where such items are available. I have tuned it close to perfection. It helps more than anything you may decide to take with you.

Doc

I have always been a believer in the battery operated candles. They add romance, and can be used as a night light in the bathroom, so you don't have to turn the lights on. Put one on a shelf next to the mirror and double the amount of light. We travel with the japanese lantern battery operated lights, and hang them in the cabin, makes it look hawiaian,(sp). The good part about them is they fold flat for packing. This next cruise we are taking a battery operated fan, and if you are a smoker, take your own ashtrays. There are never enough of those on the ship.:o:)

Small digital clock that stays lit once you turn it on.

battery candles or one of those DOT LED lights - put them in front of the bathroom mirror on the shelf at night and you never have to worry about flicking on a bright light at night to find the toilet.

One of those reusable water/sports bottles, fill it with water, lemonaid, whatever before you leave the ship for the day.

Info for your flight home so you can access it quickly on the computer and print your boarding passes before you get off the ship.

Don't forget to bring your own Aloe Vera sun burn relief...it's way expensive on the ship. (the last time I needed it on RCCL it was $15 for an 8 ounce bottle)

A must, we forgot that on our cruise and paid about the same price for it in the gift shop!!

Don't forget to bring your own Aloe Vera sun burn relief...it's way expensive on the ship. (the last time I needed it on RCCL it was $15 for an 8 ounce bottle)

Or maybe just some sunscreen in the first place???

Archived