Seattle Amtrak Station - Hotels Nearby?

Cruisin4US

When my husband and I arrived at the Amtack station we orginally planned on walking down to the Ferry terminal to catch the ferry to Bainbridge. We were advised that the area around the Amtrack station is not a good area at night. The conductors were telling us that we would be a prime candidate for a robbery with all of our roller luggage and other items. I guess that they have numerous druggies that hang out in that area at night.

Find out if your hotel will pick you up. If not then then use a taxi. Then were at least 8 to 10 taxis outside the station wating for disembarking passengers. The station is right in the downtown area of Seattle so it won't be an expensive taxi ride. If think that we paid $3 dollars for the right to the ferry terminal. So it shouldn't be more than $10 unless your hotel is quite a distance.

I agree, I wouldn't want to be walking around the Pioneer Square, Amtrak station area at night. There are a number of hotels downtown, near enough to take a quick taxi ride but not near enough to walk to. There is the Seattle Hilton, the Sorrento and a number of others - find a link for Seattle tourism and you should be able to find something to your liking.

We arrived in Seattle a day early and stayed very cheaply through Priceline at a hotel near the airport. Seattle has a Metro bus that runs all over the town. It's a bit tricky but nothing you can't figure out. I sent for tickets and schedules before we left. It's like $5 for unlimited travel per day, per person.

We rode the buses the day we arrived and it was great fun! We live in a smaller metroplex, so we had never riden a bus that travels on diesel, then when they get downtown, you go underground and hook up to electricity. It was way cool to see how this all happens. There are several buses down at the same time hooking up. To some this is probably silly, but I guess if you haven't experienced it - it is interesting!

The next morning we got up and caught the bus right outside our hotel. The bus drivers were very friendly. We told him where we were headed and asked what stop. He told us, then he also reminded us when we arrived at the stop. It's about a 2 block walk from the stop to the Amtrak station. This might not help in your situation, but thought I would mention it.

Archived